Please show off what crt shaders can do!

This is CRT Guest HD version:

1 Like

shader folder? i don’t know which folder are you talking about sorry

Croc 2 PS1😀

2 Likes

Displaying the new, tweaked “lite” version of crt-guest-advanced:

14 Likes

7 Likes

Hello DariusG. What shader is that? It looks good in the screenshots.

2 Likes

That’s crt-sines glsl

2 Likes

For the record that was written to push the old 2013 HTC one m7 at its limit. That phone only runs GL not Vulcan. It has a speed of, some sources report 97 gflops, others around 60. In any case before writing these fast shaders it could only run crt-pi and zfast-crt fast enough. These shaders don’t have curvature or any fancy stuff like glow, vignette, Convergence etc (crt-sines has them all) . They have uneven scanlines too, so on that phone that also has lower precision than PCs, screen was a mess in the end (you were forced to use integer scaling and loose around 20% visible area).

The phone was connected to Linux, “watch shaders for changes” on, on the phone and watch what it does in real time, speed etc after tweaking the shader on Linux.

In the end now it can also run crt-sines, crt-geom-mini, zfast-crt-compo, crt-beam. Even running crt-geom-mini with crt-consumer glow borrowed lol

2 Likes

1 Like

Proof of concept, i can finally push the mask contrast way higher without fearing moire :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Looking forward to what you been cooking up in the lab

Yeah, check the koko-aio thread, it is the deconvergence concept used to mitigate moire.

1 Like

Nice settings :grin::+1:t4: By the way, how much have you pushed the mask contrast? I’m just wondering because I can’t make contrast look that good.

1 Like

Hard to tell, as I don’t know how the overmask parameter relates to the one you are using.

That setting basically takes the mask and increase its contrast with pivot set in the middle, I increased it by 1.3x.

Next, it applies a small gain to the input color, around 1.1x in this case.

1 Like

Which one looks better? :thinking:

2 Likes

I like first one more.

2 Likes

The top one looks more contrasty and has deeper colors. I like it better than the bottom one

1 Like

I think I liked the first one better!

1 Like

5 Likes

At last!!! I got the gamma and contrast I wanted. It’s been hard.:sweat_smile:

7 Likes