Please show off what crt shaders can do!

Of course you are right, you caught me…

I guess i didn’t see it, because crt-guest just “bends” the edges and doesn’t alter the width of the picture to make it really spherical (top guest/bottom royale):

I used your default settings plus the curvature. I don’t know the first thing about making a good looking shader so i just leave it to the expert, hah.

It is definitely quite a bit darker than the regular CRT-guest which works great for vibrant games such as MvC, Mega Man, and so on.

I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong here… See the corners? I’ve tried everything. Integer scale is off, I tried doing 0.4 offset, and that made it look even worse, I’ve played around with aspect ratio and all the shader settings I see…

1 Like

I have the exact same problem, I posted a screenshot showing the same issue.

Here : https://imgur.com/a/pYg58c6

1 Like

In yours I can see the overlay isn’t on, but I think it’s still having corner overlap regardless. Like, yours is how mine looks before I turn the overlay on. I’m glad someone else is having this issue though, I was feeling pretty stupid lol.

1 Like

Just thought I’d post this here if anyone was interested…

If you’re using a shader with Lottes-Style (code) Curvature (crt-lottes, crt-guest, EWA-curvature) you can replace the curvature code with this.

// Distortion of scanlines, and end of screen alpha (PD Lottes Curvature)
vec2 Warp(vec2 pos)
{
	pos  = pos*2.0-1.0;    
	pos *= vec2(1.0 + (pos.x*pos.x)*warpX);
	return pos*0.5 + 0.5;
} 

And get a more Trinitron-ish style curvature.

3 Likes

@SkyHighGam3r what graphics hardware are you using? I think this might be related to a rounding difference between hardware. I’m not getting this on the nvidia card I’m using.

I’m using an AMD RX 590 from Sapphire.

1 Like

Yeah, you can play around with “scanline shape” to make the scanlines more/less heavy, depending on preference.

Concerning the jaggies with text, that’s pretty much how it looked on an actual aperture grille CRT. You can play around with the sharpness settings, but since aperture grille CRTs tended to be sharper, even the lowest sharpness setting is still a bit sharper than what you get with some of the other shaders.

Not too familiar with N64 settings, sorry. I know that it was a 240p system so N64 games should have scanlines; that’s about it.

Atm i am working on a bunch of CRT shaders, some with different works, and different things, i will at some point, release them, as for now, i may only release one of them

and here is the download for the CRT https://mega.nz/#!rlE1xIAY!ngPUEAxPW_rY4XamSBpN0PVZBE4ff4-4ojc7c-LPUhU (Please take note, this is only one of them, as there is gonna be many in one big file when they are finished)

6 Likes

I’m loving this. I cranked up the gain a little, turned off the roll, and it feels almost like how I remember it back in '89 in my grandmother’s game room.

Glad to know, also i just realized i said “works” instead of “looks” when writing that, whoops lol

3 Likes

Reminiscent of my old 1990s 27" Zenith.

Can you post your settings?

Sure thing. First load crt-lottes shader. Just as it is. Then it is Reshade. I run it in 8x and 4:3 ratio. But that doesnt change the shader look. Here is the Reshade https://filebin.net/kzsdwco14nkuj06x

Forgot to mention that Window resolution will make it look different. You have to run Retroarch in fullscreen and 1920x1080 for it to look the same as mine.

1 Like

Hey Shenglong!!! Do you still have those VEWLIX branded bezels shown in the pics or know where to get them? Would Greatly apprecitate it!!!

1 Like

Hi, check your PM.

I don’t take credit for the original bezel design, I found a bezel pack on the web and it contained some images which I edited to suit my setup. The bezels are very unique to my setup, not sure how they will look and work with yours but you can have a play.

Regards.

Thank you very much shenglong!!! I have an actual Taito Vewlix C that I purchased earlier this year and have been looking for the perfect overlay/bezel. That empty black space is driving me nuts!!! You are awesome!!!

20191110_134322|375x500

1 Like

No worries, loving your cabinet.

I diy’d a custom 2-player VEWLIX cab and made some complimentary bezels/overlays to match the VEWLIX branding.