Presenting the old school analog TV pack...version 2!

I’m sincerely thankful for this pack. Nothing beats the original look.

Don’t speak too soon, time for an update i’m calling version 2.5 :slight_smile:

As usual, links are updated in the first page.

The biggest change of all is a new setting I term component. I think this is honestly the best looking of all of them and is the closest i’ve gotten so far to capturing a CRT look on an LCD (although it helps if you have a IPS or higher gamut monitor as I do).

Here are some screens.

As for the rest, there is some slight tweaks to some of the shaders, nothing drastic, although I did update the vintage TV setting to not be as blurry per the changes suggested in this thread. I also threw in another bonus shader, “Vintage LCD”, I won’t claim it is accurate to an old LCD but it is something fun I came up with one day.

All I can say now is i’ve spent alot of nights and hours tweaking the hell out of this thing and think with this i’ll take a break for awhile as I did after the first version of my pack. Hopefully people can continue to improve upon them as I will as well. I’m ready to start playing more games instead of making them look good for awhile :stuck_out_tongue:

http://i.imgur.com/woxI9HY.jpg Click here for 1:1 resolution

Brilliant work. You’ve done a great job with this pack! Absolutely love playing PS1 games with composite shader :slight_smile:

What settings do I tweak to reduce, remove or exagerate the screen curvature and concave-ness?

Go into one of the .cgp files for example COMPONENT.cgp

Scroll down and find the lines

warpX = “0.031000” warpY = “0.041000”

change to “0.0” if you want a flat screen or dial the numbers down for a less prominent effect.

Tis ok I found it last night. Warp seemed to be the logical option.

These look awesome, however they don’t seem to work on the OS X version :frowning: I’ve unpacked the whole fodler to /Applications/RetroArch/shaders_cg/ and whenever I load them, RA does show the presets but they simply don’t apply the effect. Anyone else experiencing this? This is using the nighly from yesterday.

@bacardi Are you using the *_CG build?

[QUOTE=hunterk;30377]@bacardi Are you using the *_CG build?[/QUOTE]

Yep… its the only one i’ve ever used.

Also what happens for me on Linux.

My guess is there might be 1 or 2 shaders in the pack that don’t play well with either OS’s that are keeping it from working.

Which ones specifically do and don’t work? That probably helps to narrow things down.

It will print shader compiler errors to the console window if you launch from a command line. I’m not altogether sure how to get a proper log on OSX.

None of the shaders have any effect, as far as I can see. Here’s a verbose log where I go through all of them. Note it looks like retroarch is reporting GL 3.0 — I’m guessing it requests a compatibility profile — but my drivers actually support GL 4.1. http://paste.fedoraproject.org/286683/46604243/

Oh, do the cgps have Windows-style path names? That is, are they using backslashes in the paths instead of forward-slashes? That’s what it looks like from the log, at least, and that would explain why it’s not working on linux/osx.

Yep there were a few areas I got lazy and used forward slashes. Never knew OSX and Linux had a problem with those.

When I get home tonight i’ll try and get it all updated and see if this changes things.

[QUOTE=solid12345;30572]Yep there were a few areas I got lazy and used forward slashes. Never knew OSX and Linux had a problem with those.

When I get home tonight i’ll try and get it all updated and see if this changes things.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that’s true. Windows uses \ as a filesystem separator because the command-line, going back to the days of DOS, used / to denote arguments. The Unix world uses - to denote arguments and / to separate files. Typically software will convert from / to \ on Windows, though.

You also have to be careful about case for Linux (and some configurations of OSX), because Unix filesystems are case-sensitive. Actually, NTFS is also case-sensitive, but Windows APIs hide this fact, whereas Linux APIs do not, so even though my /data partition is NTFS, “VINTAGE TV” is a different file from “vintage tv”, for example.

EDIT: Ok, I’ve replaced all of the 's with /'s, and retroarch segfaults after loading ntsc-pass1-composite-2phase.cg. I’m no Retroarch developer, but I can open it up in gdb later to figure out at least where this is happening.

I’ve opened a bug report: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/2353

Updated the pack to fix the backwards slashes, also I toned down the halation slightly on the component version as I think it was too much.

I also added a variant of the Vintage TV shader that brings back in more color and saturation.

Looks like the aliasx = “” lines were causing the crash. I don’t know anything about cg, so I can’t comment on that.

Tested the updated version, now loading the shaders crash retroarch o-O Probably something to do with what aaron mentioned above, i’ll try to remove the lines that could be causing them when i get off work. Cheers.