Pressed Apply Changes by mistake

We need another vote, 4:3 vs 1:1 :muscle:

2 Likes

As always you will just need to test and see what works well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just did some testing and HSM is correct, PAR (1:1) will work as well or better. (With tighter aspects (1:11, 1:2, etc. you will get even more viewport reduction.)

1 Like

Ok well thanks fellas for your time, I’ll be testing this very shortly :star_struck:

1 Like

The thing is you want 1:1 (which is always square), NOT PAR (1:1) which is the aspect of the core’s pixel resolution which could be a vertical aspect if it is a vertical game.

2 Likes

Thanks and I’m glad you mentioned Non Int Scale as that was the zoom method I’ve used also. Only about 130 more games to get through :sweat_smile:. My main performance hit I experience is when the game starts, but this is my fault as I’ve opted for the ADV preset. My system is old though and I kinda expected it. Once loaded though everything works great!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ok 1:1 is a bit too narrow for some games, i’ll try 4:3.

Different vertical games that use the same core give different results at 4:3. I’m swayed towards using full again.

I think Mame current core is the problem, I’ll see if any other Mame cores run these particular games. Or just use ‘Full’.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn’t aware that both Core Provided and PAR would do that. I’ll do some quick tests.

Not as long as it doesn’t cut the screen off. You are using overlays on top (Correct?) which will hide the bezel and the reflection.

1 Like

1:1 results in part of actual Megabezel being chopped off on Final Fight at the sides like this:

The overlays i’m using which are 90% Mr Retrolust have the glass reflection attached to them as one png.

I have no tube reflection (if thats the right term) atm as i couldn’t find a blend method that looked correct. I will probably leave it off as i find it has better contrast and i already have scratched glass over the screen area. A trade off between image quality and realism imo.

4:3 corrects the chopped off part of the MegaBezel on this particular game but on 1943 kai i get this result:

Final Fight uses Mame 2003 core and 1943 Kai uses the Mame (current) core.

Using the ‘Full’ option display’s all the games ive tried correctly so far regardless of which core they are using.

1 Like

4x3 would probably works as well. I didn’t realize you would be cutting a hole to show the bezel.

This is what I get running 1943kai in the MAME Current core.

No idea what is going on there. What does it look like if you hide the overlay?

No hole has been cut out of the overlay. It is the actual tube image (if thats the right term) that i’m currently not including.

I know i’ve previously had blending issues with the glass part of the overlay when trying to use the wildcard system but the tube image is another seperate issue that i’ve had. Well It’s not an issue tbh because i’ve decided not to use the tube image at all.

Getting back to the 4:3 1943kai issue at my end, this makes me think that something is overriding the default settings at my end.

So i could ignore this fact and use ‘full’ or try and find the cause.

My spidey senses are telling me there is something wrong here.

Here is what Final Fight looks like with no overlay using 1:1:

So you can see that it’s actually cutting off part of the bezel itself.

I think i need to start looking in the locations where overrides might be kept tbh.

This is where i’d generally look:

@Duimon in the screenshot you posted of Mame current core running 1943 Kai, have you got it set at 4:3 or full?

Are you using the image automatic screen placement which sizes the tube based on the hole in a placement image?

1 Like

Just out atm but I wonder if I left it on from when I was using the wildcard system!

No i don’t have that enabled on either core:

Found these custom viewpoint entries in my main retroarch.cfg:

I’d have thought that custom would have to selected for this to kick in but i’m not sure.

I commented these out but it had no effect…so it’s not that.