Problem of Lakka for i 386

I have tried Lakka 3.0, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 on an old Laptop with Intel Pentium M 740 CPU and Intel 915 GPU. On Lakka 3.0 and 3.4, I can boot to graphic UI, but the response in menu is very slow. This seems an old problem. I have seen others reported similar problem. On Lakka 3.5 and 3.6, the partition resizing process is ok, then I stuck in repeated Lakka logo loop. Never got into graphic UI. I think it’s caused by GALLIUM crocus driver introduced in Lakka 3.5. IIRC, crocus driver does not support i915 GPU. Please fix it in later release. Thanx.

Did you try to switch the menu driver to rgui? Xmb would never load for me on older Intel GPUs.

After the first post, I have discussed the issue with gouchi on Discord. He also reminded me to try rgui. But the result is the same, no go. I have put log for debug on Discord thread starting from this post:

I compiled my own Lakka 3.6 for i386 from source code, with only Intel i915GM driver included. It works with xmb menu. I can’t explain why it works when I included i915 driver only. Here is the image for people who want to try.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j7xf95snlemwb0t/Lakka-Generic.i386-3.6-devel-20211219191142-599bbbc.img.gz/file

Only i915 GPU is supported. Other GPU drivers are excluded. And one emu core that I forgot the name is excluded because of compile-time error.

1 Like

Can you help me, I have the same problem, I guess, can you share again your own compile lakka, please