PS Vita Nightly Discussion Thread

Is anybody else noticing problems with input on retroarch nightly 2016-10-03? The menu (both rgui and xmb) can either work normally, be unusably fast skipping entries, or registering multiple presses of circle instead of one, or just not respond outright. retroarch doesn’t freeze though, the frames rendered counter keeps incrementing.

as an aside, is fast forwarding (both toggle and hold) known to not work with the pcsx rearmed core? I know the speed up won’t be that big, but it should still go over a solid 60fps with it enabled.

This works fine for me, perhaps it’s an issue with the nightly you’ve got installed? I’m running the 8/28 nightly and that works just fine for me. And agreed the touchscreen would be a better fit. Not having to properly exit games to ensure save files actually save would be even better.

I’m running the 8/28 nightly where it works just fine for me.

The nightly from today is working fine, again.

[QUOTE=filler;48318]Is anybody else noticing problems with input on retroarch nightly 2016-10-03? The menu (both rgui and xmb) can either work normally, be unusably fast skipping entries, or registering multiple presses of circle instead of one, or just not respond outright. retroarch doesn’t freeze though, the frames rendered counter keeps incrementing.

as an aside, is fast forwarding (both toggle and hold) known to not work with the pcsx rearmed core? I know the speed up won’t be that big, but it should still go over a solid 60fps with it enabled.[/QUOTE]

turns out touching the touchpad in any way on the back while in the menu (think big hands spilling off the grips on the back) messes with the button inputs. would not accepting input from the touchpad in the menu be an option, or is it more difficult than that?

still haven’t figured out the speed toggle though, snes also doesn’t work with it (snes9x 2005).

Parasite Eve 2 (JP) stucked at the beginning . i try to turn on the parasite Eve 2 fix and it still doesn’t work.

This should be resolved now, see this commit from 4-5 days ago: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/db8eb903aac1265f14afe55cbeb1ef68a7efe441

Looks like skogaby made an initial stab at getting a core of Mupen64 to build for Vita but stopped shortly into it after discovering a graphics plugin needed to be written for it. Are they or anyone else planning to continue with that effort?

Really hope to see a mupen64 port, afaik the vita doesn’t handle opengl by default. That make things more difficult. On pcsx-rearmed and also drastic, Exophase delivered a proper graphic plugin via Arm NEON We might expect a working drastic build in the future. And who knows, maybe he is the man who jumps on the mupen64 porting train too.

Someone knows how about reicast ? I just read some twitter posts about porting efforts. It would be amazing to enjoy old Dreamcast titles on the vita.

any chance of adding touch screen support to the psxrearmed as its not easy playing doom when the r2 and l2 buttons cant be mapped to any usable buttons

how to fix problem mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.vpk the buttons changing by itself((((???

hello there. Very good job libretro TEAM. 2 question, when can we Apply shaders? Can we see yabause Running fine on your psvita? Uoyabause Running Very fine on android port.Thank u

Retroarch drives me crazy again, every neogeo game crashes. I’m using proper FB Romsets and the neogeo bios.

I will open an issue, this drives me crazy since they released this

[QUOTE=Traace;49430]Retroarch drives me crazy again, every neogeo game crashes. I’m using proper FB Romsets and the neogeo bios.

I will open an issue, this drives me crazy since they released this[/QUOTE]

im having issues with all emulators in the last update and they all crash my vita.

First of all, thanks for all the work on the RetroArch for Vita.

In the nightlies, is it possible to download the thumbnails directly from the Vita? Every time I tried to download them around 9% it says Failed.

I heard that one of the latest DOSbox nightlies semi-works! Anyone tried it? Is input working? Or rather whats the state in general?

In the latest build (24 october) it seems that Joypad support on Snes core (i tried 2005 and 2010) is broken. Could you please confirm ?

In the latest build (24 october) it seems that Joypad support on Snes core (i tried 2005 and 2010) is broken. Could you please confirm ? Select and start buttons are the only working buttons.

im having issue with fuse playing games like commando and 180 very slowly and psx rearmed slowdown issues with doom

Fuse needs keyboard key assignable to Vita button. They way it’s been set is limited. Also needs SNA file import added.

Is there anyway for this info to be passed onto the dev of FUSE?