PS Vita Nightly Discussion Thread

That probably means you’re barely getting fullspeed anyway. FF in RetroArch really just disabled vsync and audio sync and lets it run as fast as it can.

Any update on Mednafen SuperGrafx core for PS Vita Retroarch?

None of the cores run faster than 60fps at all. On one of the mega drive ones, with a pal game, toggling fast forward makes it go from 50fps to 60fps, and no further. I haven’t seen any of the other cores do even this though.

Is there a swap disk option for games with multiple cds? Not sure if this was already asked

It’s not available on the list of folders but could it be possible to read roms from the grw0 of a game cart? From what I’ve heard this extra space can be read and written to.

I keep checking the latest build every few weeks, and every time I do I find it getting worse and worse. First they antialias the menu so it looks blurry (would love an option to turn that off), then fast forward is broken, and now the menu is super sluggish, blurry and fast forward is still broken.

I’m still playing Snes9x on a mid-September build because even though the overlays are broken, the menu is crisp and the scrolling speed is super snappy and fast forward works.

Does anyone know how to officially report bugs?

you can open issues at the github repo for RetroArch. If it’s a specific core issue, open it at the core’s repo instead. The guy doing most of the Vita work these days is frangarcj.

Awesome, thanks

Here are my current test status for Vita and Steps to get it working currently on nightly:

Included mirror with the last build bot working with all cores.

https://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7607

i see that picodrive mega cd support still not working,crashes every time i try and load mega cd games

How do i use l2 r2 on retroarch? i heard it was on the back pad…and i tried using the backpad but it didnt work… does anyone know?

Why lag GBA games? Laga sound drops in FPS game. Tested on Zoids Legacy. Tell me what to do? Why lag GBA games? Laga sound drops in FPS game. Tested on Zoids Legacy. Tell me what to do?

[QUOTE=bob;53690]Why lag GBA games? Laga sound drops in FPS game. Tested on Zoids Legacy. Tell me what to do? Why lag GBA games? Laga sound drops in FPS game. Tested on Zoids Legacy. Tell me what to do?[/QUOTE]

use tai henkaku to run psp gba emulation as it tuns fine.i had issues with lego star wars and pinball of the dead to name a few

Hi to all. I would like to know a thing: someone can tell me if we can have a fully perfect save/load state feature in pcsx core? Works as vba next core for example, that save and load instantly, less than one second. Now pcsx require many seconds to save and load, and game dont stop and be laggy, so we are forced to pause the game during the process, and i use and old nightly that game stop during save and load, and take around 3 seconds; is very good, but sometimes crashes :stuck_out_tongue: I want to know if any hope, with improvements obviously, to have a perfect save state feature like vba next

Good morning!

Having an issue with the Mednafen PCE Fast emulator for Vita. With both Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and Dungeon Explorer II (no other games tested), when I put the system in standby, enter the Retroarch menu, or press the Home button, when I come back to the game, the audio is screechy. The game is still playable, but the audio issue never resolves itself, even after loading a save state.

Didn’t see this mentioned:

PCSX-ReArmed craps out if the Vita goes to sleep (or you press the power button putting it to sleep). Once it wakes back up your game will either be frozen, or freeze after a couple seconds of gameplay. Restoring a save game doesn’t fix the problem - have to back out and load the game (and save game) again. For an on-the-go device like the Vita this literally makes PSX games unplayable IMO (and is forcing me back to my otherwise inferior PSP).

The file scanner (for lack of a better word - when you click on the + and choose “scan this Directory”) for MAME takes an inordinate amount of time to scan. Roughly 9.1 hours for a mere 100 ROMs. It’s taking 18 seconds each (that’s PER file enclosed in the .ZIP files which is 1,820 files total in those 100 ROMs…and yes, I timed 40 files and averaged it out :wink: If anyone ever tries to put up an entire romset with ~120-140k files (if my memory of clrmamePro is correct on that number), you’re looking at literally 30 DAYS…something has to be wrong here.

Hi, i would just like to ask about netplay state on PSVita.

Is it usable? Can i use on a local network with two PSVita? Witch cores are tested?

Thanks, chapas

Hi there,

Managed to run Henkaku on my VITA and I am amazed by the speed of Retroarch! Been playing VBA games (the Castlevania series is incredible on such a large screen eg) and using the nightly build of 12.02.2017… But noticed a bug (???) that’s currently bugging me :slight_smile:

It concerns the save states : not sure if this matters but I’ve set the “push up on the left joystick” function as the “save state” function. It goes well for a few times but after the 4th of 5th time, my VITA locks (screen halts, pressing the PS button gives the sound of the homescreen) and the blue led of death appears afterwards. Pressing the on/off button for 15secs and doing a normal boot restores the system but yeah, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem or is aware of this?

thanks! /dimi

Hi, since a few weeks, it seems something is broken, when trying to load content, the vita mount points are not shown anymore (ux0, app0,…), there is only a / that is not usable.

First and foremost, hello and thank in advance for any help / direction. I have been trying for nearly a week now to get any version of retroarch to install on my 3.60 PSVita. I have Henkaku working with no issues, but any version of RA I try to install on my Vita, just hangs at the “Installing” prompt. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to get this working?