PS Vita Nightly Discussion Thread

What did u do, to make’em work?? My fba neo won’t load shit. My Vita is a 1st gen phat. I bought it on day 1.

Edit:

I even tried garou and KOF98, but none of them started

I’m sure everyone has tested it by now, but the VBA core runs kinda crap. Otherwise, progress is coming along AMAZINGLY.

[QUOTE=gHost;44384]What did u do, to make’em work?? My fba neo won’t load shit. My Vita is a 1st gen phat. I bought it on day 1.

Edit:

I even tried garou and KOF98, but none of them started[/QUOTE]

Try Fba romset. Sometimes, mame romset does not work with fba emulator.

@gHost Yeah, you need FBA ROMs. Google ‘fba roms’ and the first hit should have what you need. Other than that, you need the game and neogeo.zip in the same directory.

@Zeroba Yeah, I don’t know if mGBA compiles for it yet, but if so, use it instead. It’s more accurate and ~40% faster.

[QUOTE=hunterk;44392]@gHost Yeah, you need FBA ROMs. Google ‘fba roms’ and the first hit should have what you need. Other than that, you need the game and neogeo.zip in the same directory.[/QUOTE]

Ok, i’m on it. By FBA ROMS you mean the game roms, yes? Like mame game roms, if i understood you correct. neogeo.zip is in the game dir. Sorry for asking so many questions, but i’m new to this.

Yeah, they’re similar to MAME ROMs. You’ll also need the neogeo.zip from there. There are a bunch of versions of it floating around and it only works with one of them.

One more question:

Will there be a mame port for retroarch?

@hyperxunda Unfortunately, we ask that you not link to or name ROMsites directly. It’s an old emu-scene rule that most places don’t enforce anymore but it helps ensure we don’t risk any legal harassment from game companies.

@gHost Possibly at some point, but FBA is faster, so MAME may not reach full speed on Vita.

So, i followed your instructions. I found the FBA roms and i picked the needed roms from the archive. But it still doesn’t work. I copied neogeo.zip and viewpoin.zip into the same directory, as you told me to do. I started the neogeo emulator and navigated to the game. I selected the game and started it with “Load archive with core”. And still it didn’t load the game. But instead of a crash, the emulator just quit. I took the neogeo.zip from the fba roms archive. I have no idea, what’s wrong there.

[QUOTE=gHost;44423]Thanks man, it’s working now.!!! :slight_smile: \o/

Edit:

Got another short question. Which emulator do i have to use for the arcade classics “Wonderboy”, “Gyruss” and “1942”?? The CPS Emulators don’t work. The fba2012 without a name in it, crashes, when i start it.[/QUOTE]

I believe the fbalpha2012_libretro.vpk will work soon.

PGM , MAME will be ? only time will tell

A lot of older games don’t work with FBA. You may have to wait for a MAME core, if that ever happens.

Anyone had any luck with dosbox? i want to run alone in the dark 1992 but it boots back into the menu, thank you for the hard work =)

It’s amazing the great work that is getting done at the moment. I am really looking forward to getting dosbox running on the Vita. Anyone have any idea on how much RAM we can expect to be able to use with the Dosbox core? I am assuming we will be able to use more than the 10mb ( I think) we had on the PSP version.

Just wanted to report that Super Mario RPG freezes on the level-up screen in the snes9x2005 core. The music continues to play, but everything else halts.

Damn, it sure does. Here I thought it was running the game near perfect. Dang haha

It’s such a tease, too; the first level up screen doesn’t show up until like 30 minutes into the game. Anyway, I’m going to try it on the snes9x2005_plus core and report back.

I think the plus variant ran like poop but check anyways I may be wrong. I never tested the snes9x_2002

7 Stars is the first game I went to on many of the emulators. They all ran like crap for me once I got into any actual gameplay. If you guys find a quick emulator for that game please tell me. Also, can I overclock on RetroArch?

Some cores support overclocking the ‘original’ hardware, but very few. Also the SNES9X_2005 core runs 7 Stars almost flawlessly… Until you level up, where it freezes. So if that gets fixed, or maybe we find a different dump of the game it’ll work /shrug

Nice to see Nestopia! Just FYI it doesn’t seem able to load any NES games .zip or .nes ext. (2016-08-07_RetroArch.7z)