PS Vita Nightly Discussion Thread

FCEU seems to load NES games fine

Genesis plus gx doesn’t play Sega CD games like it did on android and other devices or at least its not playing dark wizards.

Can genesis plus gx also play 32x games? Haven’t tried that, yet.

No, picodrive plays 32x. Genplusgx can play sega cd games but something may be going wrong on Vita.

Hi all - I’ve been using emulators for years, but new to Retroarch. Am I right in thinking that if I grab a nightly build for my Vita, I just install the particular emulator cores that I want to use? There’s not an ‘overall’ Retroarch vpk that I also need to install to make them work? (Already hacked on 3.60 using HENKAKU btw)

Yeah, on consoles, the cores are statically linked to the RetroArch executable, so each one is self-contained.

Hello i want to build myself FB Alpha Neo Geo

Where can i find the src to build retroarch-fba2012-neogeo ? I think it use this core https://github.com/libretro/fbalpha2012 but i don’t know how to build it for the psvita plateforme I need also to build https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch

but i don’t know how to build all of this together ( good plateforme + static link).

somebody can help me please

gPSP core crashes when trying to load any ROMS. The BIOS I successfully use in the VHBL version is placed in the system directory.

First of all I would like to thank the developers and contributors for retroarch it has been one of the best all around emulators and with that said I can’t wait till all the bugs are worked out on the Vita version. I am learning programming but wish I knew enough to work on a project like this that’s why I’m grateful there is great minds that does know how to work on a project like this.

Thanks :slight_smile: Got it all set up now, damn it’s awesome! Been playing Cave Story, and NeoGeo and CPS games! The only thing bugging me is it doesn’t remember my settings (controls, game directory, menu shortcut buttons) once I exit and restart the app. Awesome, awesome job though.

Can confirm GPSP not loading any Roms. Unfortunate

I can’t even find my Roms with gPSP

Just curious but, you’re not thinking GPSP is a psp emulator are you? It’s GBA

Lol that’s why I couldn’t find my roms, I feel stupid now

Guys, gpsp and mame 2000 don’t run yet. They are basically there in the bundle so that we can live debug more easily and get them fixed. So no bug reports for these two until we tell you they are ready!

is dosbox ready then? :slight_smile:

thx for the feedback twinaphex, a 10 yo dream to have both snes and gba emulator running flawlesly on a sony handheld device is around the corner !

snes9x2010 is crashing when trying to save and sounds are missing when playing secret of evermore and sound is choppy most of the time

NeoGeo and the CPS emulators work perfectly though. Does anyone know if any of the cores will play Sunset Riders? I think it was a Konami arcade game. Is it likely at any point we will be able to play Sega Naomi games too? (Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis - I think…?? )

I found the best SNES emulator to be the stand alone one on the HENkaku site that isn’t SNES9x.