PS Vita Nightly Discussion Thread

Hi. Do they work the override files on PS Vita? not get it to work.

For Sunset Riders, I believe only FBA and MAME would work, it’s the GX064 hardware. No specific emulator as far as I know.

Sega Naomi needs the Reicast core, basically the Dreamcast emulator.

For both of these, we would just need to wait I guess.

Thanks to the developers for this, amazing progress!

Stupid question from my side. What is the reason the FBA core for this is still 029730 and not 029738? Excuse my ignorance, I tried finding out why through Google search without much luck.

Hello

Excellent work for this emulators, at this time I have 2 wish list and 1 issue.

My wish list is:

• I want to see cps3 games running on my vita

• Would be nice play multiplayer in ad-hoc network mode with psvita, like the cps2 emulator made for psp CPS2PSP.

My Issue is:

• I cant find how to enter to service / diagnostic mode to change arcade roms options like difficulty in any FBA emulator (CPS, CPS2, NeoGeo) for Vita.

Keep working hard, is excellent see any version of retroarch running on every gadget.

I’m having an issue trying to load a save state on the CPS1 core. You can save and load fine when playing, but if you close the app and then return to it later, loading the save state does work but it drops the frame rate to ~10-15fps. Bizarre - any ideas!?

Are they working the override files on Vita? I have enabled the "Load Override Files Automatically" option, but does not work.

For CPS1/2, start the game, go to RetroArch settings (L1+R1+Select+Start), then map a button (I used L1) to the Diagnostics option. I don’t have my Vita close to my now so don’t know the exact name, but it’s there.

For Neogeo, Google Neogeo Universe BIOS and download. Not sure if I’m allowed to post links here. Replace this neogeo.zip with the one you are using.Now start the Neogeo game, RetroArch settings again (L1+R1+Select+Start), enable diagnostics (might not be necessary) and Universe BIOS. Close FBA Neogeo and boot it up again. Start the game of your liking, wait for the Universe BIOS splash screen, then press and hold square+X+circle. There you can play with dip switches. Once you are in the game, hold down select+start for additional BIOS options.

Can people test if VBA Next got faster for them since today’s nightly?

A generous committer sent a patch to us that adds initial threaded rendering which in theory could give us higher framerates.

Tested VBA with Mega Man Zero 2 and Pokemon Fire Red. I noticed a bit of a framerate improvement, but not much. Maybe like 5 frames if that… (If I have to somehow enable it and missed it lemme know) Zero 2 had about 38 FPS and Pokemon had about 48 during the New Game introduction.

[QUOTE=Twinaphex;44684]Can people test if VBA Next got faster for them since today’s nightly?

A generous committer sent a patch to us that adds initial threaded rendering which in theory could give us higher framerates.[/QUOTE]

Intros and Main Menu screens are coming close to 60fps but on scenes with 60fps the sound is still choppy.

in-game fps: Mario Kart - Super Circuit: ~44fps Sonic Advance: ~52fps Advance Wars: ~50fps

edit: I’m really curious about fbalpha2012_libretro.vpk Does this contain the “rest” of the fbalpha arcade emulators like Sega System 16/18/24/32, Konami, Taito and others? As you probably all know, it still force closes on startup but the other fbalpha cores (CPS1,2 and NeoGeo) are already working perfect. Does anybody know why it wont startup yet?

Still having trouble running sega cd games on genesis plus gx. It runs find on my android phone but I tried a couple different sega cd games on the vita. When trying to open them they just go back to the main screen. I don’t like picodrive that’s why I’m trying to figure it out on the genesis plus gx. The main game I’m trying to get started is dark wizards but have tried others with the same result

I’m not sure if it needs it, but look for a Sega Cd bios and put it in the same folder as Dark Wizards

So question for you guys. I’ve completely nuked the entire installation of Retroarch from the vita. Reinstalled fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro.vpk on to the device from the latest nightly (08/09). Created a ROM directory in the root of ux0: and ensured that the neogeo.zip is in that folder. Nothing I’ve attempted works with the exception of kof94.zip. Am I missing something here or completely on crack?

Thanks zeroba but unfortunately it didn’t work.

You either have to load the bios as content, close it via the retroarch menu and then load the actual game, or put the bios.bin into the bios folder (by default in cores/system I believe, but you can change it to any folder you want under settings->directory) and it needs to be named bios_CD_[region code].bin, so bios_CD_U.bin for the US bios for example.

When it comes to arcade games, always make sure you’re using the parent Rom. Do some googling make sure the Roms you are trying are the parent versions.

It worked. Thanks MagneticJerk and Zeroba I appreciate the help.

I’m curious, I always read you just need to keep Neogeo.zip in your Rom folder. What exactly did you do to get it working? Did you follow Magnetics steps?

Haven’t tried the neogeo yet

i never could actually find this “diagnostics” option. Is it within hotkey setups, like speed up etc?