PS Vita Nightly Discussion Thread

Definitely has to go into Retroarch/cores/system after some testing :stuck_out_tongue: I guess it should have been obvious since that’s the bios directory.

I haven’t got mine in there - it just needs to be in the same directory as your game roms, same as with MAME on the PC. Works fine like that for me.

[QUOTE=dirtmobile;44737]So question for you guys. I’ve completely nuked the entire installation of Retroarch from the vita. Reinstalled fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro.vpk on to the device from the latest nightly (08/09). Created a ROM directory in the root of ux0: and ensured that the neogeo.zip is in that folder. Nothing I’ve attempted works with the exception of kof94.zip. Am I missing something here or completely on crack?[/QUOTE] Make sure you use FBA roms, not MAME roms.

I would also recommend the Universe BIOS neogeo.zip, just Google it to find the download location.

neogeo.zip is more like a parent ROM than a BIOS. As such, it belongs alongside your neogeo ROMs rather than in the system/BIOS directory.

Now that firmware 3.61 is out, can we still implement this hack to install RetroArch? Might get a Vita soon if firmware is not an issue.

Not currently compatible with 3.61 firmware. If u get a vita now it probably won’t have the 3.61 firmware on it so you would have to download the 3.60 firmware from another site instead of PlayStation’s website because once they implement a new firmware they discontinue the old downloads.

Ah ok. I’ll leave it til Sony stop supporting Vita and it gets less complicated.

Remote Play means you’re going to be waiting a very long time for that to happen.

Dude, they have stopped supporting it since a couple of years, can’t you tell?

Tthe entire platform is deader than dead already. They have stopped selling the PS Vita in The Netherlands altogether and they have discontinued the PS TV altogether. Stop kidding yourself that this thing is anything other than ‘dead’ already.

The ONLY reason to even use this thing at this point is for its potential for homebrew. For new games? Nah, that ship has sailed since 2013. It has been a worse sales disaster than the Wii U even, and that is saying something.

I mean firmware updates. Chill people.

[QUOTE=Twinaphex;44777]Dude, they have stopped supporting it since a couple of years, can’t you tell?

Tthe entire platform is deader than dead already. They have stopped selling the PS Vita in The Netherlands altogether and they have discontinued the PS TV altogether. Stop kidding yourself that this thing is anything other than ‘dead’ already.

The ONLY reason to even use this thing at this point is for its potential for homebrew. For new games? Nah, that ship has sailed since 2013. It has been a worse sales disaster than the Wii U even, and that is saying something.[/QUOTE]

Not that there is definitely not some truth in what you’re saying. But the Vita has and had new games to this coming out for it every month. For example, this month the new Attack on Titan game is coming out, God Eater and God Eater Rage Burst, Dungeon Punks, Alone with you, and some other games too. I definitely would not say the Vita is “completely” dead.

It does have a couple good games coming to it I just wish more publishers would put out more on it.

From what I’ve heard, Sony actually approaches most developers and asks if they’re interested in making a vita version. Just what I’ve heard. Sony doesn’t make games for it but that doesn’t mean they don’t try and get games onto it.

I have a problem , when I try to run any arch emulator , it says controll vita port #1 and I cant move trough menu, how can I do in order to change control vita port #0 ?

Is there any way to swap the X and O buttons in the RetroArch menus? It sure is annoying, especially when jumping between molecularShell and RetroArch.

Open your retroarch.cfg in a text editor and swap the values for menu_ok and menu_cancel.

onyzukol the only thing I can think of is deleting it and reinstall the newest version from the nightly download but if that don’t work I’m out of ideas.

I was wondering if you guys are working on the psp or psx for vita or is that not an option? I want to give my original psp to a buddy (since they don’t have the money to buy one) and would like to play psp and psx games on the vita

I get this problen and I cant use emulator , I erase: ux0/data/retroarch and I tried to install again , but the problem is the same, What can I do?

I did that you said but the problem is the same, look at