PS Vita Nightly Discussion Thread

I did that you say but the problem is the same look at

Did you you delete the entire program off the vita and download the new installation or did you just delete that folder and its contents. Because if you delete the folder and its contents it’ll have that problem because it can’t find it

I was playing Carrier Air Wing using the parent ROM on RetroArch CPS1 (which shows the version as v0.2.97.28) with the PS TV and it keep freezing within 30 seconds with graphical glitches. I came across an old thread that mentioned the same issue I experienced: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8&page=2&p=602&viewfull=1#post602

Does anyone know if this has ever been fixed?

Thank you!

So I’ve been using the FBA CPS2 core and I’ve had a problem recently. So when I first used it I added Marvel vs Capcom to my card as a test. It worked fine, so then I moved the CPS2 rom to a folder and it stopped working since. I even tried formatting my Memory card to see if I corrupted the file and, no luck there either. Anybody know the problem.

Also by the way, what happened after the first rom load was that the core loaded it for about 1 second and then told me “PS Vita controller port #0

how did you get FCEUmm to run ? mine crashes when I load a rom

[QUOTE=kftX_;28433]Updates from the 9-21 Nightly:

CATSFC-SNES works pretty well, almost all games I tested ran fullspeed with no audio issues that I could notice. SNES9x-Next is a tad slower, there’s a lot of audio crackling and game don’t get to 60fps (also, fps counter doesn’t work) DOSbox still doesn’t seem to work FCeumm works fine and with no issues that I can tell. GenesisPlusGX still working fine.[/QUOTE]

how did you get FCEUmm to run ? mine crashes when I load a rom ?

FCEUmm also crashes for me in the August 12 and 13 nightlies. The last one that worked was the one on the August 11 nightly.

What I done is re-downloaded the august 11 version of FCEUmm to get the working copy.

Hello, I have 4 little issues:

• Any fba don’t have the “save / autoload” diagnostic rom options (Difficult, coins, etc).

• FBA CPS2 don’t have diagnostic option in the menu " quick menu / option" (neo-geo, CPS1 have it).

• FCEumm don’t accept the .FDS roms.

• Super Mario All Star only run by snes9x2010, the other emulators have control freeze but the game still running.

• Mame core crash at start

• How to run games in gPSP?

thanks for all the time and effort in making retroarch happen on the ps vita! woundnt it make more sense to post up the cores that work and leave out the ones that dont? the last few releases have had a few cores that dont work like picodrive and the gba emulators that im itching to try.

Lots to talk about and see today, just watch the video instead I guess to see what is noteworthy!

In a nutshell:

• gpSP starts working, even with interpreter right now many games already run at fullspeed! Should become even better hopefully with dynarec once it finally works
  • Nestopia works now
  • prBoom works now

Nice work ! I’m amazed that gpSP works so well with only interpreter on several games. Having a source port of doom on Vita is also pretty cool :3 Also thanks for the video :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Twinaphex;45096]Lots to talk about and see today, just watch the video instead I guess to see what is noteworthy!

In a nutshell:

• gpSP starts working, even with interpreter right now many games already run at fullspeed! Should become even better hopefully with dynarec once it finally works
  • Nestopia works now
  • prBoom works now[/QUOTE]

One potential problem with gPSP: Any save you create during gameplay (and not from a save state) will get lost if you press the PS button and close gPSP. This does not happen if you press L+R+Start+Select and select the Quit Retroarch option on the menu.

For example, on Metroid Fusion, you reach the first save at the very beginning of the game and save it, but press the PS button and close gPSP instead of using the Retroarch menu to exit the emulator. Doing this will cause you to lose your save. However, if you use the Retroarch menu to exit out of gPSP, it saves your progress correctly.

So, if you want to keep your save in-game, use the Retroarch menu to quit gPSP instead of pressing the PS button and closing gPSP.

That’s how every core works in RA. It doesn’t write SRAM saves to file unless/until you exit the program. However, there’s an option in settings > saving called SaveRAM autosave interval. If you set this option it will flush your SRAM to disk periodically (I think 10 seconds is the default…?). Once you do that, you can exit any way you like, just make sure you wait at least 10 seconds after using a save point to exit.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know that was how it works and I thought it was some bug in gPSP.

I couldn’t find the SaveRam autosave under that

might not be in the vita port yet, i guess.

ok I’ll stick with exiting with R1+L1+select+start so my saves will stay saved

What’s the process of updating a RetroArch emulator? I’ve been playing gpsp and want to update with the new nightly. Should I just delete the old gpsp through the Vita and then download and install the new APK again?

EDIT: 8/21/2016 5:05 PM EST - I still need help with this. Thanks!