PS Vita Nightly Discussion Thread

So, uh, we’re not doing VELF files any more in the nightlies, just VPKs for HENkaku users?

Can be possible use different overalys for differents cores? I’m trying use a diferente cfg but not works.

PS: Please, update the mame core.

While it doesn’t work yet I’m pleased to see that Mame2000’s core has been worked on somewhat… it’s got a background when you attempt to launch it. #Progress. xD

I hope this is the right place to ask…

How can I configure the Mednafen Wonderswan core for when the screen must rotate? Or maybe even rotate with L/R and keep a button configuration?

I can’t get past Vision 1-3 in Kaze no Klonoa: Moonlight Museum because the D-Pad becomes attack and jump buttons and no other button in the Vita seems to do anything. Using the lastest nightly available, too.

Still no MAME2000 love in the latest nightly :frowning: Heh. Mostly just kidding. I know there are some technical limitations that you guys are working through. I will test each nightly that comes out though.

Can someone check DKC2 on the latest snes9x2005 nightly? It completely crashes my vita. Tested on version 1.0 and 1.1 (both US).

Hello, are planning to work on picodrive on ps vita? Or is it not possible? Sorry for the error present , I used a translator .

Every Nightly release I test the mame2000 hoping to works LOL.

I’m doing the same thing , but with picodrive)

Hahaha you and me both!

You and me both. xD

So, a newb question here. I’ve gotten the source for Retroarch into my docker container and I can build it following the generic linux instructions. But… how do I actually build this for Vita? The only vita-specific things I see are the assets, I don’t see a vita Makefile or anything else to indicate what constitutes a build for Vita. Can anyone give me a rundown on how to do this? BTW - my docker container has the vita SDK installed on it as well.

What I am effectively trying to do is take a precompiled core and see can I drop it into a vita retroarch app wrapper to run that core…

Aaaand I’m stuck again lol. I was able to successfully build the core in question for the vita producing the _vita.a output lib but then when I run dist-cores.sh vita I end up getting the error:

./libretro_vita.a(filesel.vita_arm.o): In function widget_filesel_load_draw': filesel.c:(.text+0x7f8): undefined reference togetcwd’ ./libretro_vita.a(filesel.vita_arm.o): In function widget_filesel_save_draw': filesel.c:(.text+0x8a0): undefined reference togetcwd’ ./libretro_vita.a(filesel.vita_arm.o): In function widget_filesel_keyhandler': filesel.c:(.text+0xa44): undefined reference togetcwd’ filesel.c:(.text+0xade): undefined reference to getcwd' filesel.c:(.text+0xb48): undefined reference tochdir’ filesel.c:(.text+0xbac): undefined reference to `getcwd’

I don’t know why that file would fail to compile given it exists within the core I built (when I built the .a) and it built fine. Anyone have any ideas?

So I dunno if this means anything but it’s taking longer for VitaShell to install MAME2000’s vpk from the latest nightly… I’m about to see if it runs.

EDIT: aaaannd nope. Still crashes… I wonder why it took longer to install out of the VPK this time…

Yeah, I ve noticed most of the cores are taking longer to install.

It’s normal it’s taking longer to install the vpks since they are now including the assets which are about 801 files.

Hey, i just made an account just to discuss and sugest some things relates to retroarch on Vita. I’m using this a lot (pretty much all I do on my Vita now), so I thought it’d be nice if I became a member in here to put impressions on how the cores are playing right now.

I’m not sure if any Retroarch Devs read this forum, but a nice feature i’d like to sugest for retroarch would be the possibility to use the front touchscreen as L2/R2 replacements. Skullgirls on Vita divided the touchscreen horizontally to make an upper and lower half and allowed the user to use each half as customizable macros to be used in the game. That made the execution of moves that require 2 or more button presses much, much easier. It was pretty simple to use.

While 90% of the retroarch cores do not need more than the 6 buttons that the vita has, most fighting games are way more comfortable having those 2 more inputs using the touchscreen. I’m quite sure that some other games would put those two touchscreen inputs to good use as well.

If I didn’t make it clear how the touchscreen gets divided or if people want to check out how usable/confortable it is to play with it, just check out some Skullgilrs on Vita videos. I guarantee it’s pretty good. It’d really fit retroarch, I think.

So I just got an idea. For those of us waiting for the MAME core to be usable on the Vita, would it be possible to play the PSP version of RetroArch using VHBL if you have it setup?

HOLY CRAP. TwinAphex you’ve done it! MAME2000 on the Vita from the latest nightly actually launches and games load!! This is awesome!!

which romset does mame2000 load?i cant seem to load my roms