PS1 running slowly on Netbook pc

Hi everybody,

I am trying to run Tekken 3 on a Linux Netbook with the following configuration:

32-bit AMD E-350 Processor Dual core VGA Radeon HD 6310 Around 2 gb RAM

But it runs slowly. Any advice?

On x86, you have to use mednafen-psx, which is much slower than pcsx-rearmed (on ARM hardware). Unfortunately, your low-power x86 device falls into the PSX doughnut hole :frowning:

You might also try enabling “threaded video” I’ve had problems with ps1 games running slow if it wasn’t enabled.

The “threaded video” is enabled, but it’s still running slowly. I hoped that it was not the PC configuration, but should be it.

I will try with another computer. Thanks!

Hi, trying to revive this old thread.

I’m currently running Lakka on a crappy Acer Aspire One ZG5 with the same OP specs (Atom N270 GMA 950 1.5Gb RAM). When I try to run a rom with Beetle I get the same OP error (#0x3009, EGL_BAD_MATCH) and the game won’t start. When I try the same rom with PCSX ReARMed the game starts but it’s painfully slow and the audio stutters heavily. I read the cores’ docs to try some .cfg tweaking with no luck. Question is: as of 2021, is there a software mode render or some options (es. dynarec) that can help running psx roms on this Atom based netbooks with a decent speed or I have to give up?

Thank you so much

I believe PCSX-ReARMed should be able to use the “lightrec” dynarec for x86. I believe you’ll need to use the unai renderer.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll give it a try