PSP Games not working in RPi3 Lakka 2.1 stable release build

Various PSP games run on my RPi3 using Lakka 2.1-rc5. They don’t in the more recent 2.1 stable release (11/26/2017). One obvious difference between the builds is the undo save/load save state options in the 2.1 stable release. Perhaps this is more resource demanding and the cause of the issue. I can’t find a way to disable the feature to test this theory. Does anyone know how to disable the undo save/load save state option in the Lakka 2.1 release using the graphical interface? Or is there another explanation for PSP games not running in the 2.1 stable release?

I suspect the new release has the updated core, which is less mature than the older one. That is, the new core is based on updated PPSSPP code but may still have some issues that the older version, which was based on a several-years-old PPSSPP snapshot, doesn’t have.

Thanks. So I should just stay with the Lakka 2.1-rc5 build for now. Are there any plans to look at PSP functionality with the 2.1 stable version?

Check and see if rewind is enabled. I found that if rewind is enabled in Lakka, the PPSSPP core doesn’t work.

Thanks, but I don’t have rewind enabled. It seems to be something to do with the most recent 2.1 stable release. I’m hoping someone will be looking at PSP functionality going forward.

You can do a test to determine if it is an issue with the PPSSPP core or Lakka 2.1 stable.

Backup the PPSSPP core from 2.1 stable, then extract the PPSSPP core from the Lakka 2.1-rc5 image. Once you have the old core from RC5, overwrite the new core that is in 2.1 stable. If it works, then there is a problem with the new core, if you still have problems it may be an issue with 2.1 stable.

Sounds great, thanks for your help! The only issue is I have no idea how to extract the PPSSPP core from the 2.1-rc5 image nor how to overwrite that in 2.1 stable. Can I get at them through the file folder system? Any advice would be appreciated, but I understand if its too complicated to explain.

I have just updated on my odroid-XU4 and seem to have the same issues but it seems only to happen when I get to pre-rendered video try kingdom hearts or monster hunter they seem to work until a pre-rendered video is supposed to play. Any ideas Thanks

I had similar issues until I added the ppsspp bios files. Not sure if that related though.

Thanks, but I have the ppsspp bios files so I don’t think that is the answer. I too am getting hung up on the video so I think its a resource issue. Please can someone on the development side take a look at PSP functionality with the lakka 2.1 stable version.

In X86 version of stabile, a lot of PSP (PPSSPP) game works slowly and with some graphics problem.

With the old version all the same game works perfectly.

Ok, confirmed that the problem is ppsspp_libretro.so of the stabile.

I solved extracting ppsspp_libretro.so from the RC5 version, I put it in /storage/cores, and I modified the path inside the playlist Sony - PlayStation Portable.lpl replace it from /tmp/cores to storage/cores.

All works perfectly.

Great. Sounds like an issue that should be addressed. Should I report this as a bug on github or do the developers read these threads?

Yes, this is a big bug !

Yes, post an issue on Github.