Px68k-libretro

thanks for the doc , invaluable.

Hi, i think FM has issue under linux. some channels seems not working on Capcom games. Running Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition there is no music. Super Street Fighter New Challenger same, does not have music. Final Fight you can only hear the snare drums and kick drum. Strider seems OK. Still looking for other Capcom games for comparison. Using the same commit on Windows music is OK on all games . Seems to only affect Capcom ones since the others have normal music.

I reverted as far as 1dfe4e and it has the same issue.

im using Linux Lite which is a ubuntu 16.04 g++ is 5.4.0 <- not sure if this version is an issue.

EDIT: tested with core from Online Updater, still has the same issue.

You can get the same kind of music in Final Fight if you change the FM Engine in XM6 type G.

Thatā€™s in Options -> SoundUnit:

-fmgen and x68sound are good -GIMIC and ROMEO are drums only

edit: Thatā€™s maybe just because those last two arenā€™t working. If you use fmgen and uncheck the FM volume, you hear the drums only (that are probably using ADPCM).

More troubleshooting to FM issue under Linux:

Street Fighter 2/Super Street Fighter 2: -Here is an interesting find. When running on Windows core, if you turn OFF the fm/opm volume, you can only hear kick snare drums. But on Linux, music and snare/kick drums cannot be heard. Is the drums portion passed through adpcm?

Final Fight: -the same, only can hear drums section.

I just wanted to mention that other port of winx68k to UNIX/X11.

Main limitations from the readme:

-strange behaviour of commands at the terminal prompt -strange mouse behaviour -no status bar -lack of MIDI support

looks like 32bit codeā€¦ im unable to compile though.

Just to report, compiled current head on Mac, now is fully working.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot for this core. Its working great now. I have only one game that has a problem, its Scorpius Scorpius boot and start but after 5 or 10 seconds its freezing. Is it same for you ?

It works fine here using disk from Mame software list. Probably a bad rom.

Hello Guys,

is it possible to add save state in core ?

what disk format is the rom.

Its a dim file I will try another one

the dim one from TOSEC work also fine for me.

Sorry I was wrong Scorpius is working perfectly. The one which is freezing is Hellhound. Its freezing after 10 seconds, just after I move the joystick.

Ok same behaviour , game freeze in game , menu F12 always accessible.

Yes. Tried a couple of different roms , but always the same

Hellhound works in winx68k, and it has MIDI music when the game starts.

Here on px68k it hangs even with sound on Internal in the configuration screenā€¦

Hellhound should be fixed now. R-type has just ported a fix for it (and for Dragon Quest 1 probably, but I didnā€™t play it to see where the freeze happen, it was mentioned in upstream notes).

Emulation max speed increased by 30% here too.

Ok Thanks for the good news

I confirm Hellhound is working now