Px68k-libretro

Thanks to TwinAphex it’s now on the buildbot for android.

It runs 4 to 5 times faster than stand-alone. It struggled at 16mhz on my Galaxy S3 before, now I can run the CPU at 66mhz within retroarch! :slight_smile: Next step being 100mhz where it stutters.

We would need that virtual keyboard to work now ideally.

retroarch already have an keyboard overlay so what is the need for an virtual keyboard ?

In fact I was just testing that.

I never had the OSK working on android 4.1.2 here. If I push that keyboard icon on the overlay gamepad, I’m left with no overlay at all and I have to force close Retroarch.

Is it working for someone?

it was working for fine me (until i update retroarch ) now it acting like you. ;( that odd because kbd overlay working fine before. i thinks it’s better to solve this than hardcode another in core virtual kbd … I’ve done this many time in many core and i think a global working solution would be better.

I’m not having much luck getting x68000 to work. I had issues before and so I just gave up on it. That was before the Px68k core was released. I launched the normal way with loading a core, loading content and that was not successful.

I tried the “keropi” folder in the System folder with bios files. This at least gave me a black screen. I tried placing the bios files by themselves in the system folder as that works with other cores. Nothing. I tried placing the bios in my system folder in my bios folder. I tried the F12 key to open the load option in the core itself. Nothing worked there either, mostly because I don’t understand what that menu expects me to do.

Not sure where to go from here.

Other things I tried:

Downloaded different BIOS sources Downloaded different games Updated RA

-bios should be in /keropi -files files requires are iplrom.dat and cgrom.dat -must load (through load content or whatever prefered means you want) a known working rom file. if it does not run or at least goes into black screen, you should be able access menu by pressing F12 or L2 key on gamepad. and insert floppy, hdd as needed.

I just tried this and still no luck. So /keropi as a file path I thought you meant in the root directory. Let me know if that’s right. I have both .dat files already. I tried loading again. But it just crashed RA. I honestly don’t know how to load from the F12 menu. I used up and down arrows to navigate and Z to select/change menu items. I wouldn’t know what needs to happen to insert floppy and HDD.

I did select the file/floppy. But not sure about the rest. Thanks for your help, Wertz.

if you are gonna use the menu mode(F12-which is i prefer to load roms) your roms has to be uncompressed.

I got Granada to boot but how do i swap discs? After the intro plays a blue “insert disk 3” screen appears. I put in disc 3 using the f12 menu and then go back to the game but it doesn’t seem to load.

Try to put it in fdd0 or in fdd1; some games expect you to do things you have to guess by yourself. This stuff was probably explained in the original manual.

This can be complicated when trying to save to a user disk too.

I have both uncompressed and compressed. Tried both. Neither worked.

I’m still stuck here. Retroarch 1.6.0 updated and I’m doing this on a Mac. I tried a bunch of things. I can’t figure out how to do the command line launch. I’m going to restart my computer, but if that works I’m going to lose it.

Thanks for this great core. Its working great and the shorcut to the Px68K menu is a great improvment, I dont need anymore to stand up and push F12 on my keyboard I’ve found another game which dont start, its Code-Zero : black screen just after the logo

Indeed, there’s a problem with this one. We’ll have to check that.

Phalanx, Code Zero and Granada all seem to exibit similar issues.

No problem with Phalanx here.

For Granada it wants you to start with disk 1 only. Add more disks and you have a black screen. Then it will ask you for disk3 in fdd0 and disk2 in fdd1, then runs fine.

I can’t swap disks, anyone know how to?

uhmm remove disk, then insert disk.

It seems to be a problem with the buildbot version for mac, it just gives a black screen on game load, no sound, the f12 menu is still accesible. Compiling directly from source works fine.

When you’re in the F12/L2 Menu you click once on FDD0 or 1. It lights up the current inserted floppy. Push up or down to get the EJECT option, validate.