RaspberryPie4 Lakka Issues with Xbox One controller wireless

So, i got the new(ish) raspberrypi 4 yesterday and have most of it up and working properly. One of the issues i’m having though is i’m unable to properly get my xbox one bluetooth controller to work. now, i’ll start by saying this is in fact the xbox one x/ xbox one S controller so it’s in fact bluetooth. i used to not be able to connect at all; but after some web searches (over the whole day) i fumbled across a post on reddit that said i had to disable ertm. i followed their instructions and this does in fact work. after deleting the paired device via bluetoothctl and repairing i was then able to connect.

the issues i now face are that after doing these steps i can no longer use it wired, lakka see’s it and says it’s connected and everything; but i can no longer move around. in order to get it working i have to go into bluetoothctl and just type connect . so my questions are:

1. is there anyway to make lakka automatically connect to this controller on boot? and hopefully keep searching for it and trying to connect if it were turned off and then back on later?
  2. how do i make it work wired after I’ve gone through these steps to fix wireless?

i appreciate any feedback anyone has. THANKS!

p.s. i have another issue where none of my playstation roms show up at all for some reason but i’ll continue to try to figure that our and possible make another post.