Reicast doesn’t load Custom Textures (virtua tennis 2 hd mod-resolved)

Hello. I dumped textures from the game Virtua Tennis 2, and then i tried to load custom textures but the game doesn’t load the new textures, even (for example) if I change the photo of Moya with the kafelnikov one the emulator doesn’t load the modified photo.

Custom texture support doesnt work for all games yet?

Or Reicast doesnt load new textures from “texdump” folder? I have to create a new folder with a name like “load textures” or something like that?

Thanks

You have to put the textures to load in a “dc/textures” folder, parallel to your “dc/texdump” folder

2 Likes

2 Likes

expand the images to see the difference

old:

New:

1 Like

expand the images to see the difference

old:

new 1st version:

new 2nd version: (22/1)

2 Likes

expand the images to see the difference:

old:

New 1st version:

1 Like

old:

New:

old:

new:

old:

new:

Expand the images to see the difference:

OLD:

NEW:

1 Like

I couldnt find a fu**ing decent grass texture with lines like the original image, so, i simply choose other grass, if i find one like the original, i will update this court

old:

New 1st version:

old:

new:

Could you create the lines in photoshop just by lightening the texture within a bounding box?

I can, but the problem is that, in a lot of pictures, the grass has different color shades, so I would have to modify every “dissonance of color” per line (it would take much time making it perfect) . I tested a lot of grass textures and 90% that i could find looks bad ingame. And others has a watermark, so i cant use them.

But I dont worry, i have 45 days for work in this. I lost my job and I will start working in another place in march, so, until march i could put time in this.

iTs my first time making a texture mod, but its looking decent. (average at least XD)

1 Like

old:

New 1st version:

1 Like

OLD:

NEW: (22/1)

1 Like

OLD: