Request for Composite Out Support for CRT TV Users (Raspberry Pi 4)

I hope this request finds you in good health and high spirits. As a long-time user and supporter of Lakka, I have always admired your commitment to providing an accessible and open-source retro gaming platform. Your dedication to serving the community has played a significant role in empowering individuals across the globe to enjoy their favorite classic games in a user-friendly manner.

With that in mind, I would like to draw your attention to an important but often overlooked aspect of gaming – the continued use of CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) televisions. Although it might seem that flat-screen televisions have completely taken over, a considerable number of users still rely on CRT TVs. This is especially true in developing countries where access to newer technology is limited or economically unfeasible for many people.

To cater to this audience, I humbly implore the Lakka team to consider adding composite out support to your software, specifically for CRT TV users. By doing so, you would be reaching out to a niche but significant portion of the global community, ensuring that they too can benefit from the remarkable features that Lakka offers.

The inclusion of composite out support would not only enhance the user experience for CRT TV users, but it would also showcase Lakka’s commitment to inclusivity and adaptability. This feature would allow users with older televisions to access and enjoy their favorite retro games with ease, bridging the technological gap for those unable to afford newer devices.

In conclusion, I sincerely hope that you will take this request into consideration and work towards implementing composite out support for CRT TV users. By doing so, you will further solidify Lakka’s position as a versatile and accessible retro gaming platform for users across the globe, regardless of their technological constraints.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I eagerly await your response and hope that you will choose to support this initiative.

It’s been a few years, but I used the composite output with Lakka in the past :man_shrugging:

I submitted a bug/ticket and I’m hoping that devs take time to address it.

Hi @hunterk

I had a similar issue using LibreELEC (Kodi) for Raspberry Pi were the left and right side of the GUI was getting cut off. I was able to resolve it by going to "Settings->System->Display->Video Calibration"

How can I accomplish the same thing in Lakka?

Please review the included photo I took of my setup that shows exactly what I’m talking about

I’ve been trying to figure this out for months. :sob:

Thank you so much in advance

1 Like