Request: Shader that zooms (or stretches vertically) the image by ~ 5%

Hello guys,

Sorry in advance for my, possibly rule-breaking request, i just know how great of a comunity this is and i thought i’d try here too.

I’m in need of a .glsl shader (for android) that either zooms or vertical stretches the image for some 4% or 5 %. Thing is, i need it for Dolphin emulator, to get ridd of a >pink line< that appears on the very bottom of the game (RE4 Wii).

I know it’s a long shot, but i also know that it’s just a couple of lines of code, if you know what you’re doing (i don’t, obviously) and you guys here are really tehnical.

Thanks so much!

1 Like

You shouldn’t need a shader to do that.

Doesn’t Android have the “Crop Overscan” in Video>Scaling?

2 Likes

there’s also the image-adjustment shader which has zooming/stretching and cropping options that can do such a thing.

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys!! You are great!

I guess i wasn’t 100% clear, i’m not running the game through Retroarch Dolphin “core” (it simply doesn’t want to run), but through official Dolphin standalone, which is why i appologise again for my request.

So it “can” be done via shader work, that’s amazing. I looked at the image adjustment shader, and it seems it has what is needed in there, but as far as i could tell, Dolphin can’t change parameters, so it needs to be pre-set to those 5% stretch or zoom…

I humbly ask if you could add the adjustment lines of code to this bloom.glsl shader (so that both work simultaneausly), or if it can’t be done, just upload a preset shader with the pre-set values and hopefuly it’ll work between emulators… Thanks again!

https://we.tl/t-oQl2bfNcQK (bloom.glsl)

^This is basically the issue. Any fix via compatible .glsl shader is welcomed.

Have you tried dumping part of your standalone dolphin emu folder into the RetroArch folders?

As it’s needed to get Wii working iirc, GameCube doesn’t care if the folder is there iirc but it’s been a minute. (This is to run the RetroArch dolphin core)

1 Like

The GLSL shaders that dolphin uses are not identical to the GLSL shaders that RetroArch uses, despite having the same file extension. Someone who’s familiar with dolphin’s GLSL flavor would have to either port RetroArch’s image-adjustment shader or (more likely) write one that just does what you need.

3 Likes

Thanks again for the answers, i will go in the direction you pointed me!

1 Like

RE4 Wii on the Dolphin core. :grin:

2 Likes

Wow, beautiful! It works for you on android?

1 Like

No, but I am convinced you just need to copy your “sys” folder from the standalone Dolphin root to the “Retroarch/system/dolphin-emu” folder.

I am using the Mega Bezel shader to display the graphic but if you are on Android I have standard overlays for my graphics here. https://github.com/Duimon/Retroarch-Overlays

If you are inclined to lose some screen real-estate. :grin:

2 Likes

I will try it! Thanks so much for the suggestions friend.

I actually managed to cover that pink line with a little floating black line from an unrelated app :)) It looks quite good now, bit i always preffer Retroarch to any standalone, if all is good and well (and it usually is, but i never had any luck with Dolphin core in particular).

2 Likes

Ye dolphin core took me a couple days of troubleshooting tbh

1 Like

But you got it working in the end? 32 bits or 64?

I’m going to assume 64bits as that’s my OS and RA. And ye I got it working, it pretty easy, just a matter of putting the right things in the right places, that’s the big pita.

1 Like