(RESOLVED) Vertical shader for mame core android shield tv

Hi, I would like to know if you could recommend me a vertical shader for mame android ? I try to use the pi vertical shader on a vertical game but the scanlines still stay horizontal. The only solution I found is to rotate vertical game in mame to 90° (with vertical.ini file) and then rotate the screen in retroarch. But I would search for a easiest solution. Is there a good scanlines shader to use for vertical games (to apply with game overrides on vertical games) Thanks for your help.

IIRC, CRT-Hyllian has a scanline direction parameter that you can use to make it vertical.

thanks for the tip so, i look for the setting on the crt-hyllian.glsl with notepad but don’t see any parameter to change for vertical change. could you please show me the lines when you have time ? thanks in advance regards

whoops, it was in Cg and slang but not GLSL. I added it and it should be making its way to the online updater soon.

Thank you so much I hope it will work Thanks

HI hunterk, I have updated the crt hyllian shader with success thanks. now I could see inside the line at the begining:

#pragma parameter VSCANLINES “CRT - Scanlines Direction” 0.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

So I made several test by remplace 0 with 1 but no luck. the scanlines stays horizontally. could you please show me the right parameter to change and record thanks a lot and sorry for all the disturbing regards

hmm, dunno what to tell you. Works fine here:

Hi, In fact the line above:

pragma parameter VSCANLINES “CRT - Scanlines Direction” 0.0 0.0 1.0 1.0

is the original line without touch anything on the new crt-hyllian.glsl so could you confirm me if you touch something in odrer to rotate scanlines ? thank i hope I m clear on my explaination regards

oh sorry, i don’t see the picture just before and don’t use the menu parameters sorry i will try after works thank you regards

Ah, yeah, to rotate them, you would need to change the first 0.0 to 1.0

So I test and it works !! thank you so much for sharing this shader and tips regards

1 Like

Hello everyone I’m a newbie so all the stuff you guys said here gone top of my head can you guys explain it a bit in detail that how can I figure it out for my Nvidia shield tv?

Load some content, go back into the quick menu > shader options > load shader preset > crt > crt-hyllian. Go to ‘shader parameters’ and change the ‘scanline direction’ option from 0.0 to 1.0.

If you want to save it like that for that specific game, you can use the ‘save game preset’ option.

Where can I get crt-hyllian from? I can’t find that options in mame4droid on my Nvidia shelf tv!

It’s not in mame4droid, it’s in/for RetroArch (you know, the software that this forum is for…)

2 Likes

Ok then I need guidance how can I use it on Nvidia shield!

Download it from the Play store and then this guide should help get you started: https://www.libretro.com/index.php/getting-started-with-retroarch/

Ok that’s don’t but now I can’t see crt it only shows shader_glsl !!!

Ok found it thanks :wink:

Sorry it’s me again in shaders parameters it says no shader parameters!