RetroArch 1.3.6+ Beta released for PlayStation3 - PS3 is back!

Hi Ezio_PS,

thanks for your fast responce. I tried your upload, and its doesntt work.

1. Try. After starting Error 800028f08 (incompatible data) accours. -> I change PARAM.SFO from HD (Harddrive Game) to DG (Dics Game) and made a new ISO.
  2. Try. After starting Error 800010009 (not startable) accours. -> No realy idea why ?

You have an idea ?

Best greetings…

Yes, i did something wrong on the building of the iso, uploading a new one, i hope it works.

Give it a try. https://mega.nz/#!1FwHiZYZ!XJcrZnL_K6fWIMuk9YByGplkEPmGBtFM6Oh9GZ2Mipo

Okey, i tried the new iso again.

1. Try. After starting Error 800028f08 (incompatible data) accours. I copy the “PS3_DISC.SFB” from the previous release into the dir, and build the iso again.
  2. Try. No error message. The iso (retroarch) starts, but closed directly without error message. I think this is the right solution in this direction, but there is still something wrong in the build.

thanks…

Someone tell me can i play neogeo cd games with this Version of retroarch?

@Elektrolyt Try this one https://mega.nz/#!RIZhjSzR!nw_IS7VOD7HC4OmjCVpWMG410D6WkcG4N6MM5zIEE80 Sorry for all these tests but i have no way for testing it, no ODE here.

@ransom2211 no idea, mednafen ngp is broken for a long time, maybe compiling fb alpha neo…

@ Ezio_PS: I tried it and i got following error 80010017 message. Normaly in this case i have to resign the EBOOT.BIN to lower Firmware 3.55 with ODDE Eboot Resigner v1.01. I take this chance. But then i got the same result like before. The startup stopps without error message. Tomorrow i am in Holiday at the see. So maybe i can help in the future, after some weeks, for another test. Thanks…

best greetings…

Hi, just trying new “RetroArch 1.3.6+ Beta” and i have a strange bug with ps3 controller. FW: Rebug 4.80 (in CEX mode)

The ps3 controller works fine in XMB, but not working in the RetroArch menu. If i connect controller via USB, and then disconnects it from USB then somehow controller start working(retroarch detects connect-disconnect of the controller), but it seems that he works too fast(or the menu resets every move of controller, and i can’t select any settings. The old RetroArch 1.0.0.2 is working better - the controller is works fine with minor bugs. In other places - games, Rebug Toolbox, etc - no any problems with controller. Any ideas?

1 Like

@Elektrolyt ,A user of cfw can enjoy the content for ODE systems, made an iso, but the retroarch.cfg and retroarch-core-options.cfg files cannot be created, save the states must be set every time you enter the retroarch, load state of the super nintendo is in trouble for me, bios directory of the pc engine and sega cd must be set every time you enter the retroarch I could edit the cfg files, but I don’t have cobra ODE. Make the test iso I have created and give me feedback. https://mega.nz/#!ohJymKQD!NM-d-eMeQttCYpm0u0shGTdqOUtH334rbP8YcOjrXB8 No bios, google is your friend

[QUOTE=Ezio_PS;44516]@Elektrolyt Try this one https://mega.nz/#!RIZhjSzR!nw_IS7VOD7HC4OmjCVpWMG410D6WkcG4N6MM5zIEE80 Sorry for all these tests but i have no way for testing it, no ODE here.

@ransom2211 no idea, mednafen ngp is broken for a long time, maybe compiling fb alpha neo…[/QUOTE]

There is no madnafen ngp core in the download. I don’t knowhow to compile. Does this mean neogeo cd is a no with this Version of retroarch?

@ Drag:

I tried your ISO with same result i got before. After start of the ISO, Retrorach kick me back to XMB without message. For me it looks like the OFW / ODE detect a good startable Homebrew but isn`t able to run them realy. I can only see a black screen for around 2 seconds during the startup.

thanks, for your work.

I`ll be back in some weeks.

@Elektrolyt If you have time try this one https://mega.nz/#!8MIgjbRB!-4SNh89q-UqNZ88395LET6UD9XCL8qmSnK13gloAssI If it doesn’t work it’s a param.sfo issue, but it could already work so.

It’s not necessary, on PS3 you have the full version of Final Burn Alpha instead, and you don’t need separate cores like we don on consoles with a lower amount of RAM (like the Vita/3DS/Wii).

@ Ezio_PS:

Great, your last ISO is startable. Thanks. Some test in the future will happend. For ODE-Users it`s necessary that the dynamic files like config-files are on an external USB-Stick, so there would be an write-access from the OFW. I will test that in some weeks.

best greetings to the developer-team.

There is no working version of final burn alpha that works on latest rebug cfw. And i have no idea how to resign the eboot to mske it work on latest rebug cfw.

@Elektrolyt Great to hear it! :slight_smile: It was a flag not set on the selfs.

@ransom2211 What do you mean? FB Alpha is into the build and works fine, it should support also Neo Geo games, so i don’t see the issue. Sorry about me, i was talking about neo geo pocket games whose are differents games than neo geo ones supported by fb alpha. Anyway i didn’t test the neo geo games with the fb alpha core included, i could give it a try though.

@Ezio_PS I mean Neo Geo CD games. Fb alpha core only runs non cd games.

The Neo Geo CD functionality from mainline FBA has not been hooked up to the Libretro core, so there is no way to play Neo CD games using RetroArch currently.

Dam there are some good neogeo cd shmups. Such a shame final burn alpha cant be used on latest rebug cfw. That should play neogeo cd images.

@Twinaphex - Just wondering if you saw the issue mentioned above regarding Prosystem on Retroarch PS3. I submitted the issue to the Prosystem Libretro GIT as well, but just wondering if you saw it.

Thanks again for getting Retroarch working again on PS3. it’s great to have this up to date.

Pro systems? You’ve got me there.