RetroArch 360 releases (v1.0.0.2)

Is this still in development and how do I get saves to work with gambatte?

Itā€™s still in development. Squarepusher just recently received a donated dev 360, so it should be getting a new release sometime relatively soon.

@netokl_emp I asked Squarepusher about shaders and he said they will indeed be back, though still in limited form compared with PS3.

Information bump :stuck_out_tongue:

Hows things going? Do you have your 360 setup now ?

Thanks.

Also Happy Halloween :slight_smile:

are we getting n64?

unfortunately the developers of retroarch are ps3 fanboys that worked only on ps3 homebrew development some years ago. they hate and they will just ignore all questions related to xbox360. you must ask to hunterk if he known something about the retroarch360 or if the 360 development is still alive.

LOL, Squarepusher is definitely not a PS3 fanboy. I donā€™t think he has any one favorite platform, but you could always come to IRC and ask him.

360 development is ongoing and it should be a good release when it comes. Square overhauled the menu system recently to make it work more like the other platforms, and he mentioned that shaders will be back in a limited (i.e., constrained by the hardware) capacity.

N64 isnā€™t likely, as it would require hooking in another dynarec, which is quite a bit of work. There apparently is a PPC dynarec available, so I wonā€™t say itā€™s an impossibility in the future, but it would definitely be low-priority.

The 360 and Wii releases are both clearly in high demand, judging by their respective threads. Unfortunately, they both have some pressing issues that need to be addressed before a proper release can happen, or else some very core functionality would be broken.

damn i was excited to see N64 on Retro Arch

so ā€¦high priority now are shader amd gui???

Not specifically. Those are just things that have fallen into place. The real priorities are input handling and game loading, IIRC, which are both important and complex. I believe core detection (i.e., pick a ROM and the appropriate core is chosen for you) is in the works, but Iā€™m not 100% on that.

None of the ports are developed in a vacuum. They all share a substantial amount of code, and Squarepusher is trying to unify them even more to prevent any platform from becoming a ā€œred-headed stepchild,ā€ so to speak. 360 and Wii have the unfortunate complication of PPC CPUs andā€“in the case of the Wiiā€“a weird GPU, so they need a little extra effort as compared with other platforms that use bog-standard ARM/x86 CPUs and OpenGL/GLES.

You can forget about Mupen64 Plus libretro core on Wii - the Wii has a fixed-function GPU so it is totally useless to our libretro GL model.

After years of development, Wii64 and Not64 are still rather crap compared to genuine Mupen64 on PC - and Wii64/Not64 are just closed-source forks of the latter really - so it doesnā€™t look really like the Wii is worth it to invest much (if any) time in for N64 core purposes.

360 might happen if we can get ANGLE to work for libretro GL purposes - but again, I donā€™t want to promise anything or make any commitment as of yet.

None of the current-gen consoles really can deliver when it comes to libretro GL (which at least requires as a bare minimum function spec OpenGL ES 2.0) - PS3 has only OpenGL ES 1.1, 360 is stuck on Direct3D 9 (an API which we donā€™t support for render context purposes anyway) and the Wii is just fixed-function DirectX7-class trash. A smartphone or tablet by comparison with OpenGL ES 2.0 out of the box is a much better proposition these days from a development perspective.

Anyway, point is - the focus is on mobile and PC - they are much better suited to our libretro GL model.

okay got you!.. ced2911 released a PSX emu (almost 80% fullseed ) and he is working on a PSP Emulator

all that is left is a good N64 (and Dolphin awww yeah)

We need Angel to work on this you said?? okay ā€¦is he on this forum i gonna try my luck and talk to him :)) this is gonna be awesome letā€™s get this started!!

do you think u could look at this after the Android realeas? of course if you got some time!

I mentioned ANGLE (not Angel) and itā€™s not a person, itā€™s an OpenGL-to-Direct3D wrapper -

http://code.google.com/p/angleproject/

oh dang i didnā€™t know that ā€¦i am pretty bad with all that coding stuffā€¦i thought you was talking about a guy lol. i was pretty sure i could talk him in haha.

however! i am still happy u not denied the whole thing! it means a bit of workā€¦but like they say no code is wasted code! :wink: but first things first ā€¦get your android work done ā€¦wish you good luck with that and finger crosed the xbox getā€™s a new puls soon.

if you need anything let me know! will support as good as i can!

Hi Hunterk

Any news about the xcrap 360 version of retroarch?? There will be some new features or new emulator cores on 360???

Not sure. Iā€™ll try to ask Squarepusher about it and see if thereā€™s anything to report. Weā€™re getting very close to release, though, so I guess weā€™ll all know soon enough :slight_smile:

I think Android might get its release first, since it is in the best shape, currently, but the other platforms should be right behind.

Great news!

Hello! I would like to ask a question. possible if the game is for two players on the core NES, SNES and GENESIS? P.S. sorry for my bad english

whether there is support for two players? would not want to buy a gamepad without information about this question :confused:

whats xcrap version of retroarch then??

helpā€¦ pleaseā€¦

helpā€¦ pleaseā€¦[/quote]

The current version (0.9.9) has support for two gamepads yes.

As for the 360 version of 1.0.0 - it will take a while longer to push that version out than the other ones.