RetroArch 360 releases (v1.0.0.2)

thanks for the hard work squarepusher. it’s really appreciated. I read your topic talking abou the return of 360 port. I’ dont understand english very well. I’m known well portuguese^^, but i see that you have been problems to make the shaders work again on xbox360 because of the limited EDRAM of 360. What a pity squarepusher. Even using the linear filter, the image doesnt appear very well. It seems that washed the image :frowning: The shaders helps a lot the HDTV users. I really hope that you find a way to make it work, using some kind of hack or even vodoo^^ lol, to make the shaders work again. 2 shaders will be amazing, like the old 0.9.9 version. sorry if i’m bothering you. Please dont be angry. It’s just a opinion of a guy that really like your work. Thanks again :slight_smile:

2-pass shaders were a bad hack that limited the game frame to 512x512 - we can’t do that since some cores will exceed that resolution.

I will bring back 1-pass shaders instead. If the 360 had more RAM to play with for rendertargets(like PS3 does), you could have done up to 8 shader passes with 2 to 5x FBO scale - but unfortunately MS stupidly limited devs in this regard (just like they’re doing now with Xbox One).

Hi squarepusher, thanks for the answer I see, but dont worry, 1-pass shader it will be great. shaders like ddt and xbr gives a nice and sweet improvements on image.

Just one more question squarepusher. You said that some resolutions like scummVM (640x480) can exceed the the resolution of the hack you made to work 2 shaders on a limited 512x512 resolution. Is there a way to you make a option or configuration on retroarch 360 like" Enable 2-pass shaders hack" on systems that use lower resolutions like gba, snes, genesis, gbc, etc and the retroarch automatically disable the hack when you chose cores with bigger resolutions like scummVM???

again, thanks for the work :slight_smile: and sorry for my english :frowning:

Hi squarepusher. Thanks for updating Retroarch for x360. But this release 1.0.0.2 not working for me. In menu(Core, Load Content, Core Options), when i press button “A” on any item nothing happens. All buttons not working, except “B”, when i press “B” i go to Core select meu, but i can’t select any core. Can,t load any game, because joystick buttons actually do not work. Old version 0.9.8 - works perfectly.

Yeah dont work for me too i tried mame …but dont know if my rom if fault

Make sure you have the 078 ROMset. It won’t work with current ROMs.

Have you tried any of the other cores to see if they work for you?

I was very excited about this version, but i’m sorry, i’m going back to 0.9.8, in this version i wasn’t able to load any shader, everything looks too clear for me (it doesn’t have brightness, like PS one emu), menu sometimes don’t work, i don’t like B for selecting, menu is laggy, some options ask for text input but there’s no way to write or exit from it, after trying to load a shader i saved config and now i’m not abble to see anything in screen, just black, etc, etc

I think this version has some important core changes, but i guess it should be polished

This is how RGUi has always worked. You change core options by pressing left or right - some core options will effect upon restart, others will take effect immediately after going back to the game.

Can,t load any game, because joystick buttons actually do not work. Old version 0.9.8 - works perfectly.

You’re doing something wrong then because it actually does work. Maybe reinstall it and delete all your old config files.

I said in the blog post that shaders won’t work yet.

everything looks too clear for me (it doesn’t have brightness, like PS one emu),

It does actually. Go to Settings - > Video Options, change Gamma and restart.

menu sometimes don’t work,

The menu is sitll rough around the edges but overall it is a lot better than it was before

i don’t like B for selecting,

There may be an option for switching between A/B.

menu is laggy,

XUI is now just a thin wrapper around RGUI. I do this because this way I don’t have to duplicate all settings for a totally different menu. The advantages far outweigh the negatives.

With time it will get a bit smoother and better. I think right now it’s not as bad as you’re making it out to be. And it’s certainly far more complete than the old version.

some options ask for text input but there’s no way to write or exit from it,

I already explained in the blog post that OSK keyboard is not yet in.

after trying to load a shader i saved config and now i’m not abble to see anything in screen, just black, etc, etc

You shouldn’t use the Shader Options at all in this release. This also I explained before in my blog post.

First of all thank you! i am going to write things down that may sound mean …but they aren’t! please dont get me wrong i like your work!! and i am beyond thankfull for what you do to the xbox scene! soooo…here we go

…does MAME really work?..i mean like …no blackscreen?

and the menu …wow…it’s Bad, i dont understand it, i am a noob when it comes to retro arch (confession lol)

it looks like this for me

core

core blah

blah blah core

core core blah blah

blah core blah

quit

i really just want to play MAME, where am i !!!

JK …BUT …it really is confusing, i dont recall being so lost at 0.98…cant you simplify it?

like choose your core …choose your ROM …play!

Now it is like Press on core blah blub …choosee ROM Choose Core Blackscreen haha

there is the 80% Chance that i am fault at all of this …but could you consider that for next release.

again thx

Get yourself educated on how RetroArch works and how its cores system works. It isn’t really that hard, and any refusal to understand how it works is simple laziness and ignorance.

In first place i want to congratulate the leaders of this project, retroarch is a unique emulator and very valuable to players from all over the world. im very sure about this! Thank you!

By the way, in this last version released for Xbox 360 (v1.0.0.2) I found a problem with the neogeo pocket emulator, the buttons doesnt work, no one! i change the inputs and nothing! anyone had this same problem, there is a solution?

sorry or the bad english. Greetings from Brazil!

Hi, and thanks for your awesome work

Want to report an Issue with X360 last version (1.0.0.2) im having fatal crash after changing rom with both NES cores, i mean i select a rom, play fine, go back to menu to select another rom, doesnt load and crash. Happens only with both nes cores, roms are in .nes extension and tried severals of them with same results, always fatal crash after try to load a second rom. I did a fresh install and the issue persist, do you know the cause of this? thanks :slight_smile: greetings from central america

Hi, I would like to ask for the xbox360 to PSP emu beta when expected, which month? It would be very good if you have to give The more you please come out soon as possible

thank you

bye

there hasn’t been much progress on PPSSPP core… things will be ready when they are ready

but when you are ready for a long time about how much more? It would be good to move it forward specifically, why not pass the psp emu?

Thanks for your response

I’m not going to do anything on that until I get my XDK back from that Matthie guy.

And no, the Slim stays as well - that’s part of the condition. You either fork out the hardware so that I can debug properly, or I’ll just do what ced did before me and not bother at all. Good luck with the 360 scene in that case or what’s left/dead of it.

Thanks for the good work squarepusher you’re doing the best in all consoles. can’t wait to try the upcoming retroarch360 version with the new features and soft filters. I really hope you can find a way to get working again the one pass shader in the next retroarch360 1.0.0.3 release. thanks again ^^

pff…if you have no fun at the thing you do and you not looking forward to bring up some good thing, you might better let it die …this attitude sucks.

Xbox scene R.I.P.

Hello! Sorry to bother you, but I ask that the PSP emulator that is and when it comes to xbox360?

Thanks for your response!

bye