RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

Hello Square great to see you keep updating and expanding this cool project, about the android release I have some little suggestions:

Regarding the gamepads would be nice if we could have independent profiles and setups for each core and map keys via an ingame menu, also could change settings without exiting the game via the same menu maybe not that important but could be nice have some folders with the various bios instead of throwing them together with the roms or the ability to show/hide files by extention in the browser.

Keep up the great job guys!!! I’m amazed how well this performs on android and I really admire your focus avoiding choppy and frameskiped gameplay!!! if I can help you with something just ask Thank you for your awesome work!!!

P.S. Any chance of a PC-FX core on android?

When will RetroArch 0.9.9 be released?

Never.

Alternatively, when it’s done.

OK, here is version 0.9.9. APK has been uploaded to Google Play but might take a while for Google to sync - in the meantime you can get it here.

APK (r13):

https://anonfiles.com/file/4eb6b9c3dad0702679c91d61d2b1cdce

Detailed changelog wll be done tomorrow or so - I’m done for the night and need to get some sleep. iOS, Blackberry, Xbox 1 and Xbox 360 releases are all still upcoming and will most likely be done within the next two days. (iOS hopefully tomorrow if we can get the Cydia repo up quickly).

Just tested the rewritten NXEngine on my device and wow is it a huge improvement. Runs really nice, specially when comparing its perfomance to the older versions of RetroArch.

Ouya controller works now.

yes, we had to totally rewrite that to get it to work decently on consoles. In the process we also managed to fix the audio readahead problems that afflicted the Android port and others.

Great work, love the rgui.

xperia play controller do not work correctly, please fix it…

I’ll try looking at it again with ToadKing, but really, one of you had better come on IRC (#retroarch) and help us troubleshoot this thing because we are getting damn sick of having to look at these constant Xperia Play issues time and time again. We thought people had already reported to us it was working by now and now another issue has popped up.

really? well for me it doesn’t. it get’s recognized (Port 0: Ouya Game Controller) but no buttons work. did you change something?

Tried this core on my Wii now, just for curiosity since I own the WiiWare version. Loads a lot slower than it does on my tablet which I guess is to be expected since it’s such a “weak” console, but other than that it seems to run good and can even use the Gamecube controller (take that, WiiWare version!)

Thanks for all the hard work, guys!

I re-tested Brave Fencer Musashi and Final Fantasy Tactics on my Yinlips G16, both saves on memory card without any problems (the prevous version didn’t save any of those), I tried to play Parasite Eve 2 CD 1 but, when I start to move the game freezes, other issue it’s, when I try to change the game or game cores by the new green retroarch menu (activated by the retroarch logo inside the game), all of my bottuns stop to work (even the function keys) and this force me to return to home and stop the app by the aplication menu, one thing that I want to sugest it’s the possibility to move the aplication to te SD card (retroarch takes to much space in the internal memory) .-. but this is little mistakes that we can live with until the next update, you are doing a very good job, and thanks to devlop the best Final Fantasy Tactics emulator on android. :smiley:

I dunno about that - I would have to test it for myself to see if I can reproduce it here.

one thing that I want to sugest it’s the possibility to move the aplication to te SD card (retroarch takes to much space in the internal memory) .-.

No, this cannot be done and we have explained this over and over again. RetroArch is a native activity - other emulators/games are (predominantly) Java apps. You cannot move RetroArch to the SD card and expect things to still keep working.

Really, just get a phone/tablet with bigger storage - the fault here is that your device is not future proof. If you have a phone/tablet with limited internal storage - here is a big hint - stick with the initial Android version it came with even if it is 2.3 - 4.0/4.2 isn’t really meant for devices with limited internal storage and it’s also not meant for systems with lower than AT LEAST 768MB of RAM.

really? well for me it doesn’t. it get’s recognized (Port 0: Ouya Game Controller) but no buttons work. did you change something?[/quote]

Works fine and the only thing I have done with my Ouya is update it. Maybe if Squarepusher is willing and has an Android device, he can install the ouya-framework.apk and ouya-launcher.apk from the ODK, which would allow him to troubleshoot/test retroarch on the Ouya software. The only controller issues I have with Retroarch and the Ouya is that the PS3 controller’s keys are not mapped correctly.

Most developers are developing on the Ouya with the ODK, as the Ouya units have been taking forever to get into developers hands, so maybe someone on the team has an Android device that can be used to test the Ouya software.

Sorry I didn’t know about that, I will buy a new device soon and I will check the internal space and try to save some space from my device. I have other question, wich PSX bios this emulator supports? I want to make more tests of the newer version of retroarch (specialy the PCSX reARMed) and some games only runs with bios (like Crash Bandicoot) and try to run parasite eve too, thanks again for the feedback. ‘-’

Today’s update ruined Xperia play controls!

The Xperia Play circle button now acts as a BACK button no matter what you’re doing or what game you’re in. This is indeed how it functions in all other applications but obviously it needs to not do that as it makes the games unplayable.

Also, before this recent update, sometimes touching the extremities of the analog touchpad areas would cause a game to cease, as if you were touching the far bottom left corner of the screen.

Please fix this! Also is there a place I can download the old version in the meantime?

Should I uninstall and reinstall?

Edit seems to work like this on every core. Circle’s function is identical to the Back button, to the point where pressing it on the main menu takes me back to my android phone screen.

On FBA(IGS PGM driver), ddpdoj and ddpdojblk, rank is still set on easy. (Rank should be set on normal) also continued doesn’t work (you game over with continues inserted)

Same continues Issues with Ketsui.

The first time it was supported on FBA, it was like this but then got fixed the released after that.

Or is it just me? (I posted the same feedback for 0.9.8 but nobody chimed in :frowning: )

Are the overlays auto scalable now? (Rotating the screen make the dpad not “square” for example)

Can you fix it, please?

Thanks a lot for your work, it’s been amazing! (BTW, VBA Next is full speed on my galaxy note II (FFVIAdvance))

You can scale the overlays in RGUI and change opacity.

DIP switches will be exposed as ‘Core Options’ in upcoming point releases.

Is it normal to have to redefine your inputs every time you load a game? Also what about the circle button on the xperia play registering as a back button no matter what?