RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

We know about it already - you don’t have to keep repeating it.

Sorry, thought it got glanced over. I appreciate all you and your team do for emulation, and for all of us. Just to reiterate, the exiting from analog inputs on the Xperia play is still present for me. I’m on 2.3.3 with no root or anything. Is there an official source to download the old version from? And I know this is a crazy-broad question, but would something like this get a hotpatch in the very near future, or would Xperia play support be wonky up until the next major update?

We will most likely patch it in a point release - maybe by the end of this weekend, dunno.

Hey guys. I’m new here to the forum and would like to ask the following:

Am I the only one that has problems with this great app since the new update yesterday, May 29th on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1?

After the update it will not load anymore games for me and freezes. I could play one game on the PS1, and found the new update great (i.e the way you can adjust the screen yourself in-game). But after that, nada.

Please help. Tried to uninstall and re-install the app, but alas.

We need crash logs - ie. something more than just a basic description of the problem.

We need crash logs - ie. something more than just a basic description of the problem.[/quote]

That’s the thing: I do not get a crash report. The game will not load and when I press the in-game reset button, it goes back to the main menu of Retro Arch from which you can choose your emulator. Sorry.

We need crash logs - ie. something more than just a basic description of the problem.[/quote]

That’s the thing: I do not get a crash report. The game will not load and when I press the in-game reset button, it goes back to the main menu of Retro Arch from which you can choose your emulator. Sorry.[/quote:20wvhh57] Randomly returning to the RetroArch menu sounds like a native activity crash. There should be a codedump in logcat with some crash details.

That’s the thing: I do not get a crash report. The game will not load and when I press the in-game reset button, it goes back to the main menu of Retro Arch from which you can choose your emulator. Sorry.[/quote] Randomly returning to the RetroArch menu sounds like a native activity crash. There should be a codedump in logcat with some crash details.[/quote:1xfl3ltw]

I will have a look and get back. Thanks in advance for helping.

Where will I be able to find the logcat?

So I’ve tried the new version of RetroArch (PCSX-reARMed) and got some bugs that were not present in the previous version. My device is HD2. When I try to set Aspect Ratio to Full Screen - it doesn’t work. It just doesn’t save it. And if I try to do it via new in-game menu - all games stop to work at all until I delete “data of the app” or place default cfg file into app’s directory. As far as I understand - it changes something in cfg file related with resolution that makes emulator to crash every time like this:

The second bug - sometimes the game just freezes. The emulator works fine, but the game is frozen. But I don’t know why.

With which core is this?

[quote=“Squarepusher”]

With which core is this?[/quote] PCSX-reARMed r13 Android 4.2.2 NAND with DataOnEXT HTC HD2(if it will help)

With which core is this?[/quote] PCSX-reARMed r13 Android 4.2.2 NAND with DataOnEXT HTC HD2(if it will help)[/quote]

Same here on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, latest version of Retroarcher r13 of 29th of May. Games freeze, resets to home menu or complete shuts down app back to tablet home screen.

Make sure you are using PCSX ReARMed with a real BIOS. If you are using a real BIOS, it won’t give you a message at the beginning ‘HLE BIOS, expect bugs’.

Bugs encountered with the HLE emulated BIOS won’t be looked at since it’s known to be buggy and unreliable.

I have never seen that kinda message. Where I can find HLE BIOS by the way? :slight_smile: I’d like to try it.

I have never seen that kinda message. Where I can find HLE BIOS by the way? :slight_smile: I’d like to try it.[/quote]

The HLE BIOS is ‘built in’ - it’s an emulated BIOS, that’s why it’s called HLE.

It is very inaccurate and buggy - which is why you should put ‘real’ BIOS files inside your system directory.

Ah, OK, thanx.

But the first bug, related with wrong full-screen resolution, has been noticed not just on my device. I have a solution - manualy make this in cfg: aspect_ratio_index=4; video_aspect_ratio=1.6666667(I have 800x480, so 800\480=1.66666667) and denie Writing permission to cfg file so app won’t change it again.

But you better fix it, I’m sure it’s just 1-2 lines of wrong code.

Stop acting so entitled. If that’s not what you meant, realize it’s very easy to interpret that kind of sentence in a negative way.

[quote=“Maister”]

Stop acting so entitled. If that’s not what you meant, realize it’s very easy to interpret that kind of sentence in a negative way.[/quote] Sorry, I’m not a native English speaker, didn’t know it could be interpreted that way :slight_smile:

I meant that it could be solved by the solution I gave, but it is still worth fixing. Because it makes difficult to change settings - you have to enable Write acces to cfg, then change setting, then disable Write acces and fix resolution manually. And if I just wanna switch on\off the sound - it’s kinda annoying to do all this.

Any chance we’ll see a shadow warrior port in the future?

Probably but I can’t give you a time estimate.

But yeah, I have a soft spot for '90s first person shooter games - they were fun unlike the mlitary COD BS of today.