RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

I’m have problems with new version RetroArch r13. I had installed r12 on my s7300b, when i update to r13, all of my configuration (d-pad and buttons) has gone. I tried to reinstall a several time and look for some option on menu at games loaded to fix it. But no success Sometimes, just my left d-pad works. It’s fine on all of other emulators (non-retroarch)… thanks for help. When i load a game, press some botton appears Port 0: noadc_joystick. Sorry for bad english.

Use tincore keymapper to set the dpad as a keyboard.

@admins: I came here to report the same bug: no native support of analog sticks. Retroarch only detects one direction for each stick (up and left), can it be because my input device has only a positive ABS_X/Y range?

Use tincore keymapper to set the dpad as a keyboard.

@admins: I came here to report the same bug: no native support of analog sticks. Retroarch only detects one direction for each stick (up and left), can it be because my input device has only a positive ABS_X/Y range?[/quote]

Exactly happens with me, i need back to r 12 to fix it.

I am sorry but these bug reports keep becomng more and more unintelligible.

If the English language is a problem, then make a video that shows what your problem is. I can’t really do anything with what you write above - I don’t understand what you mean or what the problem is - at all.

If the English language is a problem, then make a video that shows what your problem is. I can’t really do anything with what you write above - I don’t understand what you mean or what the problem is - at all.[/quote]

In any game (on r13), the game pad just works for left and up. When i press a button, appears this message: Port 0: noadc_joystick. I can’t fix it. By the way, RetroArch is the best for me. I back to use the r12 version.

If the English language is a problem, then make a video that shows what your problem is. I can’t really do anything with what you write above - I don’t understand what you mean or what the problem is - at all.[/quote]

In any game (on r13), the game pad just works for left and up. When i press a button, appears this message: Port 0: noadc_joystick. I can’t fix it. By the way, RetroArch is the best for me. I back to use the r12 version.[/quote]

Which gamepad? How is it called? I need a name of this gamepad + pics if you expect me to fix this.

In any game (on r13), the game pad just works for left and up. When i press a button, appears this message: Port 0: noadc_joystick. I can’t fix it. By the way, RetroArch is the best for me. I back to use the r12 version.[/quote]

Which gamepad? How is it called? I need a name of this gamepad + pics if you expect me to fix this.[/quote]

Sorry, i meant native stick and d-pad of JXD s7300b. I don’t know how, but i fix the problem setting d-pad as keyboard on tin core. When i loaded the game, i press left stick and RetroArch identified it. Thank you for reply.

Which gamepad? How is it called? I need a name of this gamepad + pics if you expect me to fix this.[/quote]

Sorry, i meant native stick and d-pad of JXD s7300b. I don’t know how, but i fix the problem setting d-pad as keyboard on tin core. When i loaded the game, i press left stick and RetroArch identified it. Thank you for reply.[/quote]

What is ‘tin core’?

I already added JXD SD7300 support if memory serves me correctly. Hopefully this is not another device where the entire ‘HID gamepad’ in split into separate ports like Xperia Play right? Those are ‘hell’ to support properly with the way our input system works.

Tincore is a new joystick driver for the JXD S7300, because the stock one is a little bit laggy. It’s a part of the custom rom “TheXSample-SXELROM”

And i have the same problem. R12 works great. In R13 only left and up works. In the input settings Retroarch recognise the buttons correct but if i start an emulator then only left und up works. The other keys (A,B,X,Y etc.) works without problems. So you have always start the tincore mapping tool and set an new gamepad than the dpad works. But if you close your game and start an another emulator the dpad dosent work again and you have to set again a new gamepad in the mapping tool to get it to work.

Exactly, thanks for the help to explain this.

I’ll try to give a better explanation:

On JXD S7300 there’s a joystick driver called “adc joystick”, the stock one, which is laggy and despite the name the two analog sticks work as a keyboard, that’s why a new driver was developed and put on Sxelrom, a custom firmware, named “noadc joystick”, it doesn’t get recognized automatically.

I, main developer of another custom firmware ,kept the same name to have automatic detection, but changed the driver so that instead of sending EV_KEY events it sends EV_ABS on axis X,Y, and this also does the other driver.

This seems to cause a problem: if I go in settings and manually bind the keys, it detects the analog stick properly and I’m able to set the 4 main directions, so the stick should work properly (and it does in other apps), but once a core is launched only up and left directions work. On my driver the absbit range for absolute axis x/y is 0-1023, so no negative values. Might this be the cause?

Finally, “tincore” is an IME that intercepts all the joystick events from sticks and buttons and forwards events to a virtual device, so if you set the axis to work as a key pressure instead of directly sending to libretro axis events, it works properly. For some cores using analog instead of keyboard would be better.

God bless you.

For Squarepusher: It’s possible the next version of RetroArch comes with Snes9X where we can setting the frameskip?

God bless you.

For Squarepusher: It’s possible the next version of RetroArch comes with Snes9X where we can setting the frameskip?[/quote]

I can pack it in for sure just for completeness sake, but I also think it is more worthwhile to jut retroactively add frameskip to Next again since nom-Next is really a lot slower by now and Android devices really need the speedup in general.

Hello,

I found an issue with rgui and android (latest release from play store). I can set the path for games and retroarch will remember the path but once retroarch is exited and restarted the “load game” option will default to “/” although the path is correct in the settings. The only time it remembers the correct path under “load game” is if you set it under paths for the session you are currently running.

Thanks, V

Hi Squarepusher, not sure if it is offensive, but might I know where I can get the source code of mame0.72 or mame0.78? My friend would love to try to pack them for Android to fullfil my dream I have had for over 2 years. If it is confidential, then just forget about what I am saying here. Thanks

You can find it on the libretro github organization page.

You can find it on the libretro github organization page.[/quote]

Hi?Squarepusher?I kept searching the source?but could not find it. Do not want to bother you?but i would really appreciate you posting the link here. My friend is not an expert porter?but he wanted to try.like me?he loves arcade games only. the smoke?the noise?the coin held firmly in hand with sweat?with raining outside?a terrific memory?you know how it feels right?arcade games are no longer games any more to me?but the partner i grew up with. I am already 33 years old?but arcde games will keep me company till my last breath. I even wanted to pay for mame porting at my own expense 2 years ago?but what a shame i did not know someone. Meanwhile?I decided then to learn to port myself?but how many years would it take?it was a real pain. Mame has a better coverage of games?small games like Gondo?magmax?twincobra…good games…with this said?i can not be more grateful to you if you post the link here. thanks

@simonljr here you go:

Thanks?Hunterk. I really appreciate your help.

np. Good luck with the building/testing :slight_smile: