RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

Yes, I have suggested the idea of making overlays that would function as virtual keyboards.

Sadly though maister never responded to it - so I dunno what he thinks about it. I could take a look in what kind of work would be required to make something like that possible.

OP updated - pushed a new version to the Store.

r22 (August 16, 2013) - v0.9.9.6

• [Android] Added Load Game History to Android Java UI
  • [Android] Will show a progressbar dialog during asset extraction so that the user knows what is happening.

Hey Squarepusher, I’m the one that reported the Golden Sun battle screen bug on the Play store. I just wanted to say thanks for looking into it! Let me know if you want to see logs etc.

is not sufficient to only bind “retro_key” to str_to_bind_map str_to_bind[] ?

ex:

static const struct str_to_bind_map str_to_bind[] = {
   { "b", RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_B },
   { "y", RETRO_DEVICE_ID_JOYPAD_Y },
   { "Key_a", RETROK_a   },
   { "Key_retrun", RETROK_RETURN   },

Again, thanks for the update. I’m still having problems with multi-touch presses on certain games. I thought it might be the sixxaxis app and my PS3 controller, but now that I’ve hooked up my joystick with USB-OTG I can confirm it’s something else.

Maybe someone else can confirm…

Using FBA Core, (Samurai Shodown as a test) ,it’s nearly immposible to hit a+b (Heavy Slash) or c+d (Heavy Kick)…It works 1 in 20 times…

however, let’s say King Of Fighters '95, a+b (dodge/sidestep) is no problem and comes out every time.

So it seems that in some games (SamSho, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike),simultaneous button presses are nearly impossible to pull off consistently, while others (KOF) are no issue what so ever…

Any one else have the same issues?.. I’m on a 2013 Nexus 7 if that makes a difference…

Thanks again

It’s either this or getting ANR issues when you don’t while loop on input events - sorry, but it doesn’t look like something that can be fixed without breaking anything else. You should really issue these problems to Google - that’s the source of most of these problems.

For the record - it also seems to be gamepad-dependent - I can easily hit two buttons together in games like Tekken on my Shield controls - but it’s a bit harder with the PS3 pad. (although it still works).

Thanks for the reply… The issue isn’t that multi-touch doesn’t work; it does. On half the games it works without fault. The issue (for me, at least) is that it doesn’t work on certain games within the Final Burn Alpha core. I’ve tried it on 3 different controllers now, 2 wired and one bluetooth; it’s the same issues on the same games.

I guess my question is, is this an issue with the FBA core? Why is it only on certain games? Why does it work on certain cores, but not the FBA core?

(I apologize if I’m asking too many questions… To me, it would suck that I finally have an emulator that runs flawlessly on my device, 0 frameskip, no stuttering audio, threaded video off, but I can’t play certain games on it…

Thanks for your time

This is on a Nexus 7 2013? I guess it would have to be investigated since I don’t experience such problems.

Which pads in particular?

Original SNES controller (US) with a Super Smart Joy, a Mayflash USB joystick, and a PS3 pad with sixxaxis app…

The games in particular that I’ve tried that aren’t working are Samurai Shodown 1 and 2, and Street Fighter 3 3rd strike

Squarepusher, I get this too, but I think is more a game related issue than anything else. It’s harder to press 2 buttons at the same time in samurai shodown (fba) than in marvel vs capcom (fba too). Doesn’t look like something that can be fixed on retroarch side.

Squarepusher, I get this too, but I think is more a game related issue than anything else. It’s harder to press 2 buttons at the same time in samurai shodown (fba) than in marvel vs capcom (fba too). Doesn’t look like something that can be fixed on retroarch side.[/quote]

It’s like impossible for me, even on a 6 button joystick…

I already tested the newer version and I’m in love with Picodrive only because I can play Knuckles Chaotix now, thanks again, and have some way to port an atari jaguar emulator? I’d like play tempest on my device, It could be awesome! ‘-’/

Rgui seems to be reliably causing Retroarch to freeze on my Xperia Play. I get activity not responding message and have to force close which goes back to the black-screen menu.

I’ll be donating an XP to Libretro.

so Squarepusher has Notaz got back to u about FMV games in 32X yet?and also does Street Fighter 3nd Strike work in FBA?cant seem to get it working.was just wondering and also keep up the great work with the updates.

there is no way Jaguar will be emulated.i wish it would…want to play Alien Vs Predator!!!i like Tempest too…playing it on MAME!!!

Yeah 3rd Strike works.

And as long as you don’t try to load the JPN rom …

Same goes for neogeo, impossible to select the proper region (you know, a region with red blood, and so on, this kind of things), and even launching JPN rom, sfiii3n in this case, will launch sfiii3 …

Just tried the latest version, r22, and the inputs are still terrible with a PS3 controller.

Why would you force to change the behavior of the Back (select) button ? You can only quit or launch the menu.

You complained the Ouya controller had no select or start buttons (valid concern), but you don’t even give the possibility to map the select button as… a select button !

Why don’t you use the Playstation button for RAUI ? I just don’t get it. So default controllers are terrible, and custom binds are still not working …

Good luck inserting credits on a neogeo game with a PS3 controller as well …

But everything is almost fine with the X360 controller … Just impossible to launch the RAUI. Very convenient to play with a X360 pad, and just keep the PS3 one around to get access to RAUI :slight_smile:

With the exception of a couple of games, you select “blood” in the service menu, not by changing the bios region…(core diagnostics enabled in RetroArch)

And I can play JPN CPS roms by launching them with the parent rom in the same directory…

I have no problem with the PS3 pad, except hitting 2 buttons at the same time on a handful of games… (Like the input timing is waaaaaay too strict)