RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

Thanks guys goin to try and find a working copy!

I have no problem with the PS3 pad, except hitting 2 buttons at the same time on a handful of games… (Like the input timing is waaaaaay too strict)[/quote]

Or rather it could be that it’s actually correct now vs. how it was before (ie. there was more input latency before so you were allowed a larger window of opportunity for two keypressess to match).

Believe me, it’s not that hard to actually press 2 buttons simultaneously in the Samurai Shodown games on the actial hardware… I own/have owned multiple versions of the hardware (MVS and Home) since 1992… SamSho isn’t the only game that has these problems, (Street Fighter 3, Real Bout 2 etc…) Others work fine, (KOF, World Heroes)

It is next to impossible to get it to work, i.e. it works 1 in 50 times. While I wholeheartedly agree there shouldn’t be input latency, it shouldn’t come at the price of un-playability…

Can anyone else, reliably hit 2 buttons at the same time in SamSho?

Hopefully we’ll be able to bind 2 button presses to a single key in the future; then this won’t be a problem

I will test this on my own DualShock 3 on the various Android devices I have.

I’m afraid it might be a device-specific issue though that is just a hunch right now. Either that or your device doesn’t play ball with the change we had to make to prevent ANRs from occurring.

This fix came as recommended by Nvidia - it was a bug in Android NDK’s glue code. It might be that Google still has not managed to make it work correctly and that we have to deal with the problems ourselves.

We could make the ‘ANR fix’ optional - that could perhaps better your chances at this - but it’d be very hacky because it would work better for certain devices like yours yet it would cause ANR issues if you try to use more than two pads - so I’d rather not go there.

Bottom line - Android NDK is still rather terrible and specifically the interprocess communication involved in getting input out of this thing.

Thanks for the help…I appreciate you going out of your way to check into these issues… As a reference, in Sam Sho 2

a+b = Heavy Slash (2 punches simultaneously)

c+d = Heavy Kick (2 kicks simultaneousy)

a+c = Taunt 1

b+d + Taunt 2

All is working perfect for me… I have zero complaints.

Small feature request would be a way to ‘clear history’ or ‘clear selected’ from the load game history. Right now it’s only possible with root and clearing/editing the history.txt file.

Yeah, I’m going to do this.

Thanks guys goin to try and find a working copy!

question:trying to get Street Fighter 3rd strike to work in FBA…do i need bios for this to work?dl a few roms and none seem to work…

Look for Final Burn Alpha Roms…

Google “FBA roms” and go to the first site on the list.

Thanks again guys…You guys are awesome on this site…UPDATE:I GOT STREET FIGHTER 3 TO WORK BUT NOT 3RD STRIKE…NONE OF THE ROMS ARE WORKING…ive never played that version and would love too.

When you do actually find it, when you’re playing, can you try and do an ‘ex’ move (any special with 2 buttons instead of 1 when you have gauge) and report back if it works for you… I cannot seem to reliably pull off any moves in this game that require multiple button presses…

Get the (europe) one… It’ll be the largest file size…

I just tried this and could only pull off the move once out of alot of attempts.

Ps3 pad with sixaxis app.

I just tried this and could only pull off the move once out of alot of attempts.

Ps3 pad with sixaxis app.[/quote]

Thanks… I’m trying to point out the problem with the lack of input leniency, and I want to make sure it’s not an isolated issue with just my specific devices and controllers

What device you using ? Nexus 7 2012 here.

2013 Nexus 7, Nexus 4… SNES controller with Super Smart Joy, Mayflash USB stick, PS3 pad…

Same results every time, every combination…

2013 Nexus 7, Nexus 4… SNES controller with Super Smart Joy, Mayflash USB stick, PS3 pad…

Same results every time, every combination…[/quote]

Just tested with a Xbox360 pad wired with USB-OTG. Same again could only pull of the moves once.

Same results every time, every combination…[/quote]

Just tested with a Xbox360 pad wired with USB-OTG. Same again could only pull of the moves once.[/quote]

Yep, it seems some games are impossible to pull off any moves that require 2 buttons. The input timing is beyond strict… Other games (King of Fighters) are no problem. Hopefully, the window for the input timing can be widened, or we can bind 2 key presses to one button…