RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

I guess what I mean by “flawless” is no audio stuttering, no skipped frames, no judder, latency kept to a minimum etc…

I/we’ve been subject to such sub-par emulation on handheld/personal devices for so long that when I discovered RetroArch last month and realized how well it worked in comparison to other emu’s, it was like the proverbial ‘ray of light’ coming down from the clouds…

haha yeah there isn’t really any comparison. I haven’t tried retroarch on my phone yet though. Threaded video works fine on my pc. I have been meaning to try it on my galaxy nexus but without a controller it just seems too inconvenient, somehow… so I have neglected it.

This is a wonderful app thank you for all your effort. I wanted to bug report a couple things.

Device: Nexus 7 (2013 model) 32gb Core: Genesis Plus GX Game: Lunar The Silver Star Issue: intro scene has no sound, and no music in game tested the same file on fusion via PC and the music is not missing it’s just not playing on retroarch. Same issue for Popful Mail, no intro music, but music and sound does kick in during gameplay weirdly enough.

The musics of popful mail that sound during the game are made with sound chip megadrive / MegaCD. That is, the problem is with the musics on CD TRACK, which are not supported (apparently). I personally hope they are supported because I have outstanding: Lunar 1 & 2 Batman returns Terminator Shining Force CD Earth worm jim SE Final Fight CD Heart of alien Shadow of the Beast II (based on sharp 78000 version and not megadrive version as many think) Wonder dog Lord of thunder (best music regarding pc engine but worse graphics) … Regarding games that you can play right now where the music sound to be made with the chips, Silpheed and popful mail two great games.

CD Tracks are supported by Genesis Plus GX. Just rip your games right.

I can testify. I’m the biggest sega cd fan and I’ve tried all of those. Cd music works on all of those using Genesis gx.

Someone be so kind to explain to me how?

thanks

I have my Mega CD games in bin + cue format for Genplus GX on my Wii, so I’d recommend those. You can check theisozone.

it’s true.

The trouble is that a lot of space.

to see if I can create some cues to recognize the iso + ogg.

imho space is not an problem anymore nowdays, really. you can get huge usb sticks and/or usb hardrives for really small money. iso +ogg isn’t compatible with genesis plus gx afaik since its too demmanding for the wii…

just use imgburn to make clean bin/cue images from your games.

For all CD based games check http://redump.org. If your game is listed and it doesn’t match, you do not have a perfect copy of it. If your game is not listed, read through the site for guides on how to dump it in the correct format.

If you have a perfect copy and then still have problems. Then you will know it is a problem with the emulator and not your image.

thank you very much to all.

hopefully in the future we can use cue + mp3/ogg.

I am very happy, was looking forward to some games and now I can finally go to me properly.

On another subject, when they lynx emus, amiga and n64? hahaha

Hello again.

Sorry to get heavy with the MegaCD and ogg topic but I found the following:

• Genesis Plus GX 1.7.4 (21/06/2013) (Eke-Eke)

• [Core / SCD]

• Fixed read-only access to registers on Main-CPU side (“Batman Returns” platform freeze level)
    • Fixed & improved emulation of PRG-RAM write protection register (“Lunar Eternal Blue” japanese version freeze)
    • Improved & MAIN SUB-CPU synchronization (“Dracula Unleashed” freeze When using U.S. Model 2 BIOS)
    • Improved CPU detection polling
    • Added improved CDD emulation & CD drive access time for SEEK command (“Panic! / Switch” missing intro scene)
    • Added missing reinitialization of MAIN-CPU-RAM PRG bank on reset
    • Added. OGG audio tracks support through LIBTREMOR

It seems that in version 1.7.4 added support for OGG by LIBTREMOR which apparently is a library which decompresses OGG.

I think the problem is that Android compiling this forgetting include LIBTREMOR or something hehe (the truth is that I have no idea)

Again, I feel myself heavy but for example: FINAL FIGHT CD occupies CUE + BIN 430MB version, however in OGG 43MB version!

Currently I have 14 MegaCD games and I occupy whopping 7.5 GB … I have the SDCARD to burst hehe.

I have seen that there are 3 makefiles: https://github.com/libretro/Genesis-Plus-GX Makefile.gc [Core / CDD] Makefile.libretro (Makefile) Add ARM target Rearranged Makefile.wii core & back-end specific code

Both the of .gc (gamecube?) And the .wii (WII?) Have lines of code with LIBTREMOR.

However, in the of .Libretro (ARM ANDROID?) There is no line that references LIBTREMOR.

I’m sure my case is not an isolated case, please help!

I didn’t really want to bake in Ogg Vorbis stuff and I wish he hadn’t gone there.

Oh well - guess I’ll build the goddamn thing in then.

I’m of a similar mind when it comes to 7zip in FBA BTW. Stupid, stupid dependencies all-around.

I agree that the difference between ZIP and 7zip is ridiculous, however OGG/MP3 support is very important that we are talking about the games come to occupy 10% of space, even if it means adding a new dependency.

I have no idea how expensive it can be to implement but it would be a wonder that would improve even more this fantastic dream that is RETROARCH.

Greetings and a lot of spirit!

Yep, it seems some games are impossible to pull off any moves that require 2 buttons. The input timing is beyond strict… Other games (King of Fighters) are no problem. Hopefully, the window for the input timing can be widened, or we can bind 2 key presses to one button…[/quote]

What we can do is create a separate mode for now -

this will likely fix your problems - HOWEVER - it will cause ANR issues when you have 2 or more pads connected

So it’s either this or that right now - this is all related to this issue -

https://developer.nvidia.com/content/nativeactivity-input-crashes-and-anrs-simple-fix-dangerous-bug[/quote]

I’m happy to report that with the latest Nexus 7 ota update, (which was to fix multi-touch issues), I no longer have any issues with any simultaneous button presses or 2- buttons- at-one-time issues. Looks like it was device specific after all…It seems maybe Google can fix some of their problems, huh? :wink:

Thank God - that means I won’t have to go and make a hack for that.

Squarepusher, I want to thank you again from what you’ve done for the emulation scene. Retroarch has def become one of the best emulators of all time.

Just have one quick question. For the Neo Geo Pocket core, is there any way to make it come up in English. All the games seem to default to Japanese.

Also and this is quite funny, looks like someone is putting up some of Broglia’s “emulators” for free in the Play store. I’m trying my best to not feel bad for him. :stuck_out_tongue:

hi all,

seems mednafen pc engine ratio is not good for 8:7 game (final match tennis, corycon ect…) , whatever options used (from global or core) on 16/9 screen JXD 5110 and S7300 it"s too wide.

I’m using RetroArch newest version on my Xperia Play and it seems to be having issues with the controls having a mind of their own. Sometimes the controller will just go down for no reason at all, or move left and get stuck there. Is there any reason for this?

Also, I would love to see speed improvements in the Virtual Boy and Sega 32x emulation. Even using the DOOMKernel and pushing the specs to 2.0 Ghz max the speed is a little laggish. Everything else runs super fast though and I love them. Your emu is the only one with 32x and Virtual Boy emulation so it would be nice to see them run faster. Perhaps you can make separate emulators for just those 2 and get them running better for Xperia Play users.?

Also it would be super awesome to see NeoGeo CD ported to the android on your emu like the NeoGeo CD Redux was ported to Wii. 3DO would be awesome also along with atari 5200 and 7800. Other than that I really have nothing else to ask. :smiley: Anyways brilliant emulator and I hope the controls get fixed as of now its too buggy to use. It is nice to see Knuckles Chaotix running full speed on the emu though on my Xperia Play at 1.5Ghz! Amazing work bro!