RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

+1 yeah just installed stock rooted 4.4 on the 2013 N7 ’ This would be a great feature.

Not working on 4.4…

I would like to know, is RetroArch still being developed despite the problems with Google Play? It is because I am really interested in seeing the revised 32X Compatibility with the Picodrive emulator on my Android Mini PC with four cores in both CPU and GPU.

@CLDavi Yes, it’s still under active development. You can sideload official release apks from this page: http://www.libretro.com/?page_id=200

and you can try unofficial/unsupported nightlies from forum user lordashram here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=993

I side-loaded RetroArch Android 0.9.9.6 to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7", and it installed fine, but when I launch it, a pop up titled “Asset Extraction” that says “Extracting assets. Please wait…” appears and keeps spinning and doesn’t go away. I waited at least 10 minutes, but nothing happened. Is it supposed to take this long on a device like mine, or is there a way to fix this? I’ll provide more information if necessary. Edit: I noticed that I downloaded v23, which I’m not sure is the latest stable release or not (based on this thread’s title), so I downloaded and installed v22, but that seems to be stuck at the same spot as well.

IIRC, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 uses a Tegra 2 Soc which does not contain a NEON based CPU, RA requires a NEON based ARM CPU to work correctly now. You might be able to try an older version but don’t expect them to work very well without a NEON based CPU.

OK, I got it working (downloaded r21 from the XDA forums). I have another question. I have a Bluetooth controller that works with RetroArch. Is there a way to map controls for it individually in certain cores? I use the SNES and Genesis cores frequently, and I want to set it so for Genesis games, on my 4 face button controller, A is left, B is down, and C is right. Then, for SNES games, I want the 4 face buttons to match the traditional SNES layout. Is this possible?

Just wondering, has anyone used Retroarch with the Nexus 5? Any sync/audio issues?

Nope… Works great!

Nope… Works great![/quote] Awesome!!! So excited. Gonna purchase a Moga Pro for this. :slight_smile:

Nope… Works great![/quote] Awesome!!! So excited. Gonna purchase a Moga Pro for this. :)[/quote]

Might I suggest a Slimport adapter and hook it up to a TV too…

[quote=“Rick74”]

Might I suggest a Slimport adapter and hook it up to a TV too…[/quote] You have read my mind! :smiley: Already have them in cart on Amazon, just waiting to see if there will be any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals… :smiley:

BTW, if Google allowed casting from any game to a Chromecast, that would be perfect! :o

I was not aware of that. My thing is, I would love something like AirPlay. I buy most of my games from the Play Store if available and would love to play it on the big screen. For example, I am a huge racing fan and RR3 is gonna be amazing on my TV. :slight_smile:

any news on the controller bug on the ouya where the controls sometimes don’t react?

My phone LG G2 D802. It’s processor snapdragon 800. Which version should I download? Thanks…

The armR22 version…

However, I’d suggest the latest test build from 12-01-13 as there’s a lot of improvements since the latest, stable official build…

http://www.libretro.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=993

someone HELP ME please!!!

I installed the last retroarch Android version on my samsung galaxy Ace GT S5830B with the 4.2.2 android Jellybean version installed. i installed the retroarch.apk inside on my sd using Astro file manager. When i launch retroarch, i cant select any core because they doesnt appear on “select Libretro core” screen. any suggestions??? what i’m doing wrong??? i appreciate any help

I haven’t been too happy with the shader scanlines, so I made an overlay that combines resolution specific scanlines and some tweaked RetroArch buttons. Just place the .png and .cfg files in a folder and point the RGUI there. Change the overlay opacity to about 30%-35%…

I’ve attached 2 different resolutions [1920x1080] and [1920x1200]. Make sure you grab the correct one.

It’ll probably only look correct if your screen resolution matches either 1920x1080 (most new phones) or 1920x1200 (Nexus 7 2013).

If you like scanlines, these look terrific and look to be the correct size, intensity and thickness [IMHO]

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a28ewbfcjxcw … chOverlays

@Rick74 Oh nice! Those scanlines look really good. I was never able to get them lined up with the pixels properly when I tried something similar, so kudos!

Hunterk, help me man :frowning:

I installed the last retroarch Android version on my samsung galaxy Ace GT S5830B with the 4.2.2 android Jellybean version installed. i installed the retroarch.apk inside on my sd using Astro file manager. When i launch retroarch, i cant select any core because they doesnt appear on “select Libretro core” screen. any suggestions??? what i’m doing wrong??? i appreciate any help