RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

hum, i think i found the problem,my cpu is a armv6 version. it seens that retroarch only suport armv7 or higher cpu versions. what a shame :frowning:

@netokl_emp Yes, the official releases only support ARMv7 and up, but you could build a version with ARMv6 support and it should work fine, though several cores depend heavily on NEON SIMD instructions, so if your device does not support those, your experience will be less than optimal.

Thanks for this Rick74ā€¦ Looks nice :slight_smile:

Thanks for this Rick74ā€¦ Looks nice :)[/quote]

Thanks! Iā€™ve also uploaded the overlays with just scanlines, without the buttons for any one that uses a controller and doesnā€™t need on screen buttons

Any chance of a 720p version of this for my mk808b? - without controller overlay would be brill!

Sureā€¦ Iā€™ll get to it this weekendā€¦ itā€™ll only take me a few minutes

[edit] Itā€™s up nowā€¦

Good work, man

I have a HTC ONE and have grabbed lordashram latest build (RetroArch-2013-12-17.apk) upon loading retroarch it seems to detect my device as a Nexus 7 which it isnt. When loading the mame cores, but every game seems to have crackling audio, i have read the thread about crackling audio but it is very out of date.

Any ideas why im getting cracking audio is it to do with RetroArch thinking my device is a Nexus 7? surely the HTC ONE should be able to handle MAME??

Also what has happened to the auto detect core option it was taken out a few versions back??

What location is RetroArch installed to on Android devices?, im trying to find where the shader folder is

@lettuckl I think itā€™s /data/data/org.retroarch or something like that.

Thanks. Can shaders even been used in the Android version. Im after just a simple scanline shader

Most android devices are too weak for shaders, though scanlines might be okay, depending on your device. You might also peek into the overlays thread where someone has posted a nice scanline overlay.

Thanks where is the overlays thread i could not see it, noticed that rick has posted some scanlines overlays at the top of this page, i take they just replace the virtual button overlays?

Yes, but one set of them has the buttons and scanlines (SNES layout)

(Itā€™s scanlines_buttons)ā€¦ Get the one matching your devices resolution thoughā€¦

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/houxnpt5eh770pk/jfpqLbbp_i

Make sure to grab both the .png and the .cfg

Thanks Nick, I have the JXD s7800b which has a screen res of 1280x800, which seems an odd res, do you have an overlay that size?

Hey! I just uploaded 2 1280x800 overlays for youā€¦One with scanlines and the snes layout buttons and one with no buttons, just the scanlines in case you use a controllerā€¦

Make sure you dial down the ā€˜overlay opacityā€™ā€¦ I go anywhere from about 15% to 35%

Let me know how you like it and if thereā€™s any issuesā€¦

Thanks Nick, i have downloaded both the 1280x800.cfg and 1280x800.png file and have renamed them as that (so they are both the same), and the copied them both to the same folder on my device. I have loaded RetroArch and go to the INPUT tab in Settings, and scrolled down to the bottom where is says, ā€˜Input Overlayā€™ and the navigated to where i saved the 2 files on my device and selected the 1280x800.cfg. Backed out of settings and loaded a rom, but there doesnt appear to be any overlay display what so ever, i have tried messing about with the opacity but doesnt appear to help, any ideas?

Donā€™t rename the filesā€¦ If you want the overlay buttons with scanlines, grab scanlines_buttons1280x800.png AND scanlines_buttons1280x800.cfgā€¦ put them in your folder and select

If you want just scanlines, grab scanlines1280x800.png AND scanlines1280x800.cfg. Place them in your folder and selectā€¦

Again, donā€™t change the file namesā€¦

And my name is Rick, not Nick?:wink:

Sorry Rick.

Got them to work now thanks, or though the 1080p scanlines seem to be the most pleasing to the eyes, the 1280x800 scanlines seem to be just slightly too large. Does having a larger size (in res) overlay have a big performance hit on the emulator at all from 1280x800 to 1920x1080??

I canā€™t imagine there would be a performance hitā€¦ Itā€™s just laying a semi transparent image over the emulatorā€¦

I agree that 1280x800 scanlines would probably look too thick. However, on my Nexus devices, the scanlines always look best when I match them to the screenā€™s native resolution. The scanlines should line up with the pixel edges for the most correct/natural looking effect.

But, like mostly everything in life, whatever works for you is the bestā€¦