RetroArch Android releases (v1.0.0.2)

Thanks for all the help Rick, much appreciated. One last thing, and i dont even know if its even possible. But what about adding curved corners to the corners of the display, so its like an old crt display, much like the CRT-Interlaced-Halation Shader???..

is that at all possible to do that with the scanlines.png files??

If so, I don’t know how to…

Ok thanks for all your help any way Rick.

On to another question, i have both a HTC ONE and a JXD s7800b system, and when using RetroArch and the MAME 0.139 Core i get really rubbish performance on OutRun, its basically unplayable.

What the best settings for getting good performance on these device as alot of games dont run great

hi, i wanted to ask a question:

would it be possible to have the dosbox core working on the android version of retroarch? i see that the PC version has it, and perhaps the libretro version would run better than the crappy (paid) ports that are on the play store…

Use the MAME 0.78 core with a MAME 0.78 or 0.72 romset.

Anyone else get extremely bad performance when using a bluetooth headset? I just got a Bose bluetooth stereo headset that works fine with pretty much any device that can stream sound through bluetooth but on my android devices (Shield, S3), it kills performance on retroarch. Is this an issue with Android and if so, is there nothing I can do to fix it?

Well that sucks. I wonder if 4.4 kitkat addresses that

EDIT: I just tried my headset on a nexus 7 2013 tablet with 4.4.2 android and retroarch ran flawlessly on it.

None, it was running perfectly smooth. I did only try the snes9x core and Link to the Past though, but I saw no hitches in both performance and audio. The same core and game ran bad on my Shield with bluetooth (android 4.3) and pretty much crawled on my S3 (android 4.1.2), even with the latest build of retroarch

RetroArch 1.0.0 is released now.

And we are back on the Google Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … .retroarch

AWESOME!!!

Saying not compatible with my device. Nexus 7 2012… APK mirror?

EDIT: Read OP

EDIT: Read OP[/quote]

There’s a good chance you can install from the Play Store now. I now have to upload two APKs per release to cater to the devices that have location services and camera onboard and the devices that don’t.

EDIT: Read OP[/quote]

There’s a good chance you can install from the Play Store now. I now have to upload two APKs per release to cater to the devices that have location services and camera onboard and the devices that don’t.[/quote]

Yep, that did it. Thanks a lot! The mupen64 core is great. I’ll be messing with the onscreen config as it’s a tad big and not spread out well on my screen.

I installed the newer version on my Yinlips G16 and it don’t respond on my controlers, I tried to configure both in tv mode or in main menu and didin’t work, anyone, please, help me, thanks .-.

felipeROx You’re not alone, my friend. It’s been mentioned some time ago by me and others in ‘Win64 and Android Test Builds’ topic. Starting from RetroArch-2013-10-27 custom bindings won’t work normally on devices with controls not added to autodetection (JXDs, Yinlipses and others). I’ve even posted logs from both versions. Hope someday Squarepusher will look into this… The only known solution to make controls work is to load some game in RetroArch, switch to desktop, re-open RA and load again from history.

The controls are just messed up for me, if I press start it just continuously presses, if I press left, then stop, the character keeps going left, can anyone help with this?

I’m also affected. Icontrolpad used in HID joystick mode. It was working great on 0.9.9.6 with custom bindings. With 1.0.0 my gamepad doesn’t do anything in game and even my device’s back button is KO.

Only the on-screen gamepad is working.

K, thanks for the reports. We’ll try to pin it down once we get the rest of the 1.0 releases rolled out.

Well htanks, the trick of the desketop stuff realy works, I hope it will come a fix to the controllers mapping soon (the controllers on 9.9.6 works fine)

The mupen 64 aways crash when I try to run games ( or at least Star Fox 64, F-Zero X, Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros and Perfect Dark).

I’ve also had another bug on my side with the android release. fast forward doesn’t work on any core but did on the last release. I was trying the test releases on another thread and fast forward didn’t work on any of those builds either.

As far as the controller issues others are having I’m not having any over here other than not being able to play mupen64 because I can’t get the anolog sticks to respond.

I’m using a 2013 nexus 7 with the glitch n7 kernel, cynagenmod 11 rom, and pixel studios sixaxis ime for the ps3 controller. I know my device is strong enough to fast forward with most of the cores. At any rate, keep up the good work guys!!