RetroArch iOS release (v1.0.0.1)

Do you know if all cores will be compatible with iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 7 as there’s likely going to be jailbreaks released for both these firmware versions over the next few weeks?

Thanks squarepusher

If there will be a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3/7 and if that jailbreak has proper dynarec support then I will update my iPads yes and we will make sure that everything works on there, ye.

That’s great news. Many thanks

That’s great news. Many thanks[/quote]

many thanks too!

im dying to play psx games on my ipad =(

Is it very time consuming to make it work on iOS 7?

Did you make progress with n64?

retroarch already compiles for iOS just fine with just some UI quarks and bluetooth issues. It is perfectly able to run games without issues.

interesting. on 6.1.4 icade works but it only registered the button presses about 2% of the time. keyboard mode works just fine.

ios 6.1.3 can now be jailbreak, =)

I doubt it, you have a link?

dava I now know what my problem was with popful mail and saves. When the game starts it asks you if you want to use the back up cart. The first time I started I must have pressed “A” but subsequent times I must have pressed “C” which stood for cancel. Therefore the game was looking in sega CDs back up memory not the ram cart slot for the save file.

So yes, I can confirm that the sega CD emulator works with in game saves and creates a cart file (which I’m guessing holds all your saves but just doesn’t name them outside of an actual emulator).

Good stuff. All we need now then is support for in game music then sega CD emulation on iOS will be pretty much perfect!

Sorry to ask this here but is kinda of bothering me. Do you guys that updated to 0.9.9.5 notice a little stuttering in Psx ReARMed? It feels like is not that smooth like in the olders versions.

Maybe is just in my head…

Ehh, lucky you. I have reboot after choosing rom. But anyway, it turns out that I can play my bin/cue roms through mednafen core. But there is little sound chopping in it. Squarepusher, is there any progress in optimizing mednafen core? There are some sound glitches but the video performance is good (nearly to fullspeed).

P.S. Someone with iOS 6.1.2., please, upload your RetroArch.app (in /Applications). I wanna check, maybe I can run rearmed core…

Ehh, lucky you. I have reboot after choosing rom. But anyway, it turns out that I can play my bin/cue roms through mednafen core. But there is little sound chopping in it. Squarepusher, is there any progress in optimizing mednafen core? There are some sound glitches but the video performance is good (nearly to fullspeed).

P.S. Someone with iOS 6.1.2., please, upload your RetroArch.app (in /Applications). I wanna check, maybe I can run rearmed core…[/quote]

You mean Mednafen PSX? No, it’s not likely to be optimized anytime soon. MAYBE it will run close to fullspeed on an iPhone 5S.

It’s an interpreter-based PSX core focusing on accuracy (hence the vastly better sound APU vs. ePSXe/PCSX ReARMed/PCSX-R). This comes at the cost of performance.

No, I mean conversely. Video performance is great but sound is twitching a little.

P.S. Oh, what about my request? Can you, please upload .app folder of retroarch. Much appreciate it.

Try this one: http://themaister.net/retroarch-dl/ios/RetroArch.app.zip

Try this one: http://themaister.net/retroarch-dl/ios/RetroArch.app.zip[/quote] Big thanks for the help, but still rebooting. [cry]Ehh… why?[/cry]

UDP

I hope you will find device with 6.0.1 firmware in the near future and fix the problem. :slight_smile:

i really hope so…

VBA Next has received some big optimizations to gfxDrawTextScreen. This pushes at least a good amount of games to fullspeed on an iPad Mini/2.

Something to look forward to I guess when I’m going to push RetroArch 0.9.9.7 later this week. There’s still a lot of room for further improvement - I will try helping out bgK on rewriting the other graphics functions as well.

New info about 6.0.1 from 4pda.ru. iPhone 4s can launch rearmed core with 6.0.1 firmware. So, I guess its only iPad problem.

And one more. I find that Retroarch saves logs when you try to launch incorrect rom. For example, I’ve tried to run picodrive’s .32x rom through the rearmed core and then RetroArch wrote this logfile:

Starting PCSX-ReARMed 0
Running PCSX Version 1.9 (Aug 15 2013).
psxMap: warning: wanted to map @80000000, got 0x9069000
Init new dynarec
testing if we can run recompiled code..
test passed.
warning: RAM is not directly mapped, performance will suffer
psxMap: warning: wanted to map @08000000, got 0x9069000
Mapped (RAM/scrp/ROM/LUTs/TC):
78000000/1f800000/1fc00000/10000000/07e69000
found BIOS file: scph1001.bin
RGB565 supported, using it
plugin: plugins/builtin_gpu
plugin: plugins/builtin_spu
plugin: plugins/builtin_pad
plugin: plugins/builtin_pad
Plugins loaded.
Loaded CD Image: /var/mobile/Documents/ROMs/Virtua Fighter (32X) (E) [!].32x[2048].
unsupported/invalid CD image: /var/mobile/Documents/ROMs/Virtua Fighter (32X) (E) [!].32x

It seems that dynarec is working… or no? Can you make that Retroarch write logs always, not only in launching of incorrect rom file?

I think you’re gonna have problems finding enough users on iOS 6.0.1 to confirm your findings! A lot of people are now on iOS7 or still stuck on iOS 6.1.3 while they hold out for a potential jailbreak! I’m still stuck on IOS 5.1.1!

The dev is running 6.2 I believe so he can’t test retroarch on other iOS versions because of the inability to downgrade (unless you’re using a legacy device).

So it seems we’re at a standstill unless the community can donate devices that are jailbroken with older versions of iOS for the dev to test on.

I did have a pair of iPhone 3G’s I would have happily donated but both were stolen along with most of my other possessions when I was burgled!