RetroArch iOS release (v1.0.0.1)

Hi, I’m new to RetroArch for iOS, and still waiting for 6.1.3 JB to install it. It seems it will be in a few days: http://blog.ih8sn0w.com/2013/09/some-updates.html

In the meanwhile I say a big THANKS to devs and wonder why they tell current version is 0.9.9.3 - http://www.libretro.com/pages/platforms/ios.html even if it’s 0.9.9.9

Will n64core still be released this year.

Has anyone got a PS3 controller to work? I can connect it fine with Blutrol, but it seems RetroArch refuses to connect to both of my controls. I know I did the SixAxistool right, as I can connect my controllers through Blutrol. Is this a compatibility issue with BTStack or Blutroll? Does it need a special HID component from Cydia?

Any word on the evai0n7 jailbreak and compatibility with PCSX ReArmed dynarec? Sorry if this has been discussed already. Couldn’t find it and this would be a good place to have the answer.

Edit: autocorrect kills dynarec everytime…

After few moments I’ll check the RetroArch on my iPhone 4S.

So… ^^ I’ve tested it on iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.4. And I can surely say - it works. But I haven’t checked it on iPad 4 (haven’t done JB yet), but maybe in few days I will try.

That’s great news. Thanks for verifying, Boris_T!

I can confirm that it works on an iphone 5S and the ipad air as well. Overall performance on A7 devices is great. I cant really test with a controller (ps3/icontrolpad in icade mode wasn’t working either) yet seeing as BT stack, blutrol, etc doesn’t appear to be working on ios7. Hopefully updates for those don’t take too long after mobile substrate gets its needed update as well.

Anyways a few things I have come across from my testing:

-GBA games work flawlessly (VBA Next) on the iphone 5 & Ipad air.

-DS games (depending on the specific game) play great on A7 devices. Some games play at full speed at 0 frame skip. Some games only need frame skip set to only 1 or 2 to play full speed. Other games (such as Golden Sun Dark Dawn) aren’t playable (or seemingly compatible) at all.

-Not sure if this is an error on my part (could be permission settings, haven’t checked yet), but retroarch isn’t saving my settings within a specific core. To be more accurate, it uses the settings which were last used (on any core). IE: I use the PSX rearmed core, set up my settings and play. I switch to the GBA core, however its using my settings from psx, I change it and play; then switch back to the psx core. The psx core is then using my gba settings instead of the specific settings I had set for it. I don’t use global settings for all cores, so if its not a permission issue. I’m not sure what it is.

Anyways, I also have access to an iphone 4S and an ipad mini retina for testing; however those aren’t my primary devices (or even my devices at that).

Guys from 4pda.ru say that RetroArch’s PCSX ReARMed core works on the iPad 4 iOS 7.0.4.

Maybe till tonight I will confirm this.

Ok, I finally can confirm that RetroArch (especially ReARMed core) works on iPad 4 iOS 7.0.4.

I have a problem with connecting keyboard to Retroarch. Can I solve this without waiting new version of the RA?

I can’t get the icade or the 8bitty to work with the psx emu or retroarch I am on ipad4 with ios704 Is there something I have to do to get it working? I have it selected in the options but nothing happens in game with t3 And I can’t map the buttons to it also? Thanks for any help

It seems, we have to wait the new build of RA and Blutrol.

Here is an up to date, unsigned, IPA of RetroArch iOS. This should be considered alpha quality, there are UI issues, and some cores may not work.

If you want to install this on a non-jailbroken device you must sign both the main app binary and all of the .dylib files in RetroArch.app/modules.

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/3827434/file.html

weirdly i cannot install the IPA on my JB iPhone 5 with appsync installed. Do u think i have to ldid it ? don’t u have it on a beta repo ? thanx

EDIT : FIXED I manually unzipped the IPA and then overwrited the files on my older DEB working fine

Seems like there is no JIT decoder ? Muppen64 is crashing when launching Mario 64 is it normal ?

After the recent evasi0n untether update in cydia, retroarch now seems to be saving settings (button layout, screen aspect, etc) properly for each individual core. So that issue from my last post is no longer a problem.

Also, on previous posts by devs, they’ve stated that iOS is the perfect/more stable (compared to android) system for retroarch, due to how the os operates, etc…

So, a question for the devs (as well as anyone else who’d like to put their own input on the matter):

Once mobile substrate/BTstack/Blutrol gets updated for iOS 7 (along with compatibility with A7 devices), will there be any plans in the future for building/releasing 64bit builds of Retroarch for A7 devices (in your cydia source along with the 32bit original release)? Also what kind of gains do you think we would see using a 64bit compiled version of retroarch compared to a 32bit version on A7 devices?

Here is a build that fixes some major issues present in the one I posted above.

http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/68967950/file.html

Not too much. Problem is that none of the ARM dynarecs are 64-bit compatible, and until there are more ARM64 devices released that is not likely to change. I will try making a 64-bit build sometime and see how it runs though.

Meancoot your work is impressive mario64 is running decently on my iPhone 5 thanx to JIT. Only sadness is regarding Ds fact is exophase didn’t release the sources of drastic and we have no JIT ;(

Thanks meancoot on feedback regarding 64bit builds on A7; would love to hear your results once you get around to trying that out on your A7 devices. Also thanks for the new test build, I think it’s great to be able to test these out (for those of us who don’t have the know how or ability to compile our own).