RetroArch iOS release (v1.0.0.1)

I believe it’s 1024x512.

So i have some questions about gamepad Suport.

How does the autodetect gamepad option works?

Also how can i setup the “joypad autoconfig directory”?

Lastly i have a ipega 9017 this gamepad have 4 modes But the analogs only work on “joystick mode” (X+Home key) And Retroarch does not detect the controller on “joystick mode”.

Does anyone know how can i make it work on joystick mode?

The controller in icade and keyboard modes works fine on retroarch both respective icade and keyboard modes.

The new upgraded version has issues with Connecting any joysticks at the moment No one is able to sync Their controls right now We are all waiting for an update on this Issue

The new upgraded version has issues with Connecting any joysticks at the moment No one is able to sync Their controls right now We are all waiting for an update on this Issue[/quote]

Prove to me first that your pad worked with an earlier version of RetroArch installed on the exact same OS version.

I won’t consider it broken until that is verified at least.

Nothing is broken IMO

My iPega gamepad is working fine in the controller modes “keyboard and icade” The problem is that in those modes the dual analogs do not work That is because of the controller developer’s choice The dual analog only works in the controller “joystick” mode

But retroarch is not detecting the controller in that mode I did try it in both icade and keyboard options in the frontend settings

So again nothing is broken far from it retroarch 1.0.0 is amazing The new “dual shock” overlay is simply gorgeous beyond what I could have asked

I just need someone kind enough to explain to me how the new autodeteck and the directory options for gamepads work. Them maybe I could find a way to use the controller on its “joystick mode”.

The new upgraded version has issues with Connecting any joysticks at the moment No one is able to sync Their controls right now We are all waiting for an update on this Issue[/quote]

Prove to me first that your pad worked with an earlier version of RetroArch installed on the exact same OS version.

I won’t consider it broken until that is verified at least.[/quote]

Ok then I’ll be very specific.

My PS3 analog controller will connect to BT stack. However when in I input buttons Press the arrow keys and the buttons On my controller nothing happens.

I have tried to manually configure the button layouts But retroarch does not seem to be reading When instart pressig any keys

But the light is on, on my controller.

In the previous version I the app my controller The ps3 controller worked flawlessly. (I cried bc I was so happy)

I would not have posted in the forum about it If I could figure it out myself.

Now if there is a solution or if someone has A working ps3 controller currently running on Version 1 please let us/me know and be so Kind as to show us how you have your settings Configured. Who knows. It might be a bunch of User error due to us not knowing how to Operate the new version.

In any case there is an issue with the pS3 controllers not functioning correctly.

And I have no way of proving that I had my PS3 controller working to prior versions.

All I have is my word, and my personal hands On experience.

But I’m not saying that retroarch is flawed All I’m say is that I’m having an issue with Something that I never had an issue with until The new version.

This might just be specific to the Ps3 controllers. That’s the only controller I Have used.

Is there any way to install an older version (not IPA - don’t want to infest my device with the likes of appsync or similar :S ) so we can provide this proof? I know that I and a few others would happily provide it if it was reasonably easy to do.

The same ‘controllers’ are reportedly working in other emulators apps so it would be useful if we could test out an older version of RA to see if something broke in v1.0.0 :frowning:

Ah ok, so 1024x512 for the enhanced resolution feature; thanks for clarifying. I was wondering because with the enhanced feature enabled, it looked better seeing it on my iPhone 5s screen rather the iPad air’s screen. While both looked much better (especially for 3d games) than stock resolution, I figured it wasn’t outputting at the device’s native screen resolution. Also, I noticed that the mupen64plus core had a few different resolutions to choose from in the RGUI menu. My iPad air had no problem playing games at full speed on the highest resolution available in the settings, which leads me to another question; will pcsx rearmed (or any other core at that) ever be updated in the future to give us the option to choose from several resolutions to output the game at? Perhaps up to at least 1280x720 or even maybe all the way up to our device’s native screen resolution, or is something like that core specific which may/may not take a toll on performance?

Off topic question

Anyone found a download manager app? For ios7 jailbreak

I can’t find any right now :frowning: so I can’t DL Games that have bigger Megabytes.

Anyways just curious to know. Bc the other Downloader apps are not compatible with iOs 7 yet. And I grow impatient. Lol

Nope, safari download manager hasn’t been updated yet, and i don’t ever remember there being an alternative for it. Well, there’s chrome download manager if you use chrome, though that too is not yet updated. Looks like you’re stuck waiting it out (as well as myself and others); though if you grow impatient enough, why not just create a new download manager tweak for us to use. lol

Ah ok, so 1024x512 for the enhanced resolution feature; thanks for clarifying. I was wondering because with the enhanced feature enabled, it looked better seeing it on my iPhone 5s screen rather the iPad air’s screen. While both looked much better (especially for 3d games) than stock resolution, I figured it wasn’t outputting at the device’s native screen resolution. Also, I noticed that the mupen64plus core had a few different resolutions to choose from in the RGUI menu. My iPad air had no problem playing games at full speed on the highest resolution available in the settings, which leads me to another question; will pcsx rearmed (or any other core at that) ever be updated in the future to give us the option to choose from several resolutions to output the game at? Perhaps up to at least 1280x720 or even maybe all the way up to our device’s native screen resolution, or is something like that core specific which may/may not take a toll on performance?[/quote] The enhanced resolution is still software-rendered, so getting it even that large is only possible because of Exophase’s NEON optimizations. Mupen, on the other hand, is hardware-rendered, which allows the higher resolutions at the cost of accuracy and GPU-specific inconsistencies.

There’s been some talk of (and some preliminary work toward) merging PCSX-ReARMed with PCSX-Reloaded to get the NEON renderer (minus the NEON, of course, though perhaps converted to SSE when possible) on PC and with x86/_64 dynarecs, though I don’t think that merger will include bringing GPU-accelerated graphics to mobile. Who knows, though :slight_smile:

Nope, safari download manager hasn’t been updated yet, and i don’t ever remember there being an alternative for it. Well, there’s chrome download manager if you use chrome, though that too is not yet updated. Looks like you’re stuck waiting it out (as well as myself and others); though if you grow impatient enough, why not just create a new download manager tweak for us to use. lol[/quote]

Lol I am going to college soon. To be an IT And learn coding. So I might look into that

[quote=“Platypus”]

Is there any way to install an older version (not IPA - don’t want to infest my device with the likes of appsync or similar :S ) so we can provide this proof? I know that I and a few others would happily provide it if it was reasonably easy to do.

The same ‘controllers’ are reportedly working in other emulators apps so it would be useful if we could test out an older version of RA to see if something broke in v1.0.0 :([/quote]

I managed to grab the old version off cydia before it was replaced and can confirm my PS3 controller is working again.

Just curious, what is your device (that you’ve tested that on) and is it on iOS 6 or iOS 7?

Ah ok, so 1024x512 for the enhanced resolution feature; thanks for clarifying. I was wondering because with the enhanced feature enabled, it looked better seeing it on my iPhone 5s screen rather the iPad air’s screen. While both looked much better (especially for 3d games) than stock resolution, I figured it wasn’t outputting at the device’s native screen resolution. Also, I noticed that the mupen64plus core had a few different resolutions to choose from in the RGUI menu. My iPad air had no problem playing games at full speed on the highest resolution available in the settings, which leads me to another question; will pcsx rearmed (or any other core at that) ever be updated in the future to give us the option to choose from several resolutions to output the game at? Perhaps up to at least 1280x720 or even maybe all the way up to our device’s native screen resolution, or is something like that core specific which may/may not take a toll on performance?[/quote]

Notaz could answer this question better than me but the short answer is - no.

And besides - 1024x512 is more than plenty for the kind of weak 3D you see in PS1 games. Bumping it up to 2048p would really be an exercise in futility.

Lol, I agree too that 2048p would be pretty excessive. Even using a ps1 emulator on pc, I’m content with raising the resolution and leaving it at 1280x720 (along with other settings to improve 3d textures). Regardless, you’re right 1024x512 is enough for ps1 games-especially when a good amount of those games didn’t even top out at 640x480 natively. The ‘enhanced resolution’ feature in pcsx rearmed though, it’s doing more that just a simple resolution bump, right? Afterall, jaggies are smoothed out and less noticeable while 3d textures are improved, making the game itself a better looking game. I take it it’s an internal resolution bump in the game instead of being a screen resolution based bump.

Just curious, what is your device (that you’ve tested that on) and is it on iOS 6 or iOS 7?[/quote]

Ipad2 on IOS 6.1.3

zelda games run like a charm whit Rice video pluging

Ah, it’s good that you’re still on ios6 and can report and verify these kind of issues. It’s a lot better than someone on ios7 reporting controller issues, especially since BTstack isn’t quite updated for ios7 yet; so issues trying to use a ps3 controller on ios7 is bound to happen for the time being…

Ah, it’s good that you’re still on ios6 and can report and verify these kind of issues. It’s a lot better than someone on ios7 reporting controller issues, especially since BTstack isn’t quite updated for ios7 yet; so issues trying to use a ps3 controller on ios7 is bound to happen for the time being…[/quote]

I have only had ios7 jail break. This is the 1st Time I have jail broke my iPhone. I was waiting Specifically for ios7 to be jailbroke. When I Learned about REtroarch I downloaded 0.9.9 And was able to use BTstack with my ps3 Contoller and also retroarch together.

Now I can not as of version 1

I’ve tested other apps that i use my ps3 Controller via ios7 and they all function

So now I’m saying version 1 does not work With ps3 controller

It’s not anything else. Its the app. I’ve done Enough trouble shooting. And many others Have also.