Retroarch on ios 10.2

Bios files needs to be on the folder called System, not Bios.

I wrote it wrong in the post. They are currently in the RetroArch>Documents>RetroArch>system folder. I only pasted the 3 bios files I needed for the OS X version of RetroArch.

I just dropped all the bios files to see if it would make any difference.

For the PSX files, do I need both the bin and cue file? I have them as separate files currently, which is how it works on the desktop version.

CORRECTION: I made sure to use the PCSX Rearmed Interpreter core and it is working! WOO

Beetle PSX can use both, PSCX uses Bin files only.

I’ve been waiting for my 7 days to expire before I record a video demonstrating this. I saved my old files and configuration for further testing.

I tried using impactor with the original file and my thumbnails were not loading. For example, at the bottom of the screen I had 3 black squares to select home, games, settings.

I deleted it, used impactor again everything works. Including my saved file for Super Mario RPG.

NEW PROBLEM: my save states for Super Mario RPG fail to load. Is that because I need to tinker with the original config file?

If you don’t delete the old retroarch before impactor sideloading the new retroarch, it doesn’t seem to load assets right, you have to delete old one and clean install- then it will auto-install assets and you should have thumbnails.

A lot of emulators recently been having trouble with Super Mario RPG save states with snes9x in particular. Don’t know the problem but it’s probably a core issue.

Thank you so much for responding!!!

That makes sense. It’s really not hard to start over. Luckily the save file works. I’m pleased about that.

The reason for 3 black squares, is the old config file doesn’t let the new one to take a place. So the assets won’t extract and retroarch won’t be able to save new configuration. I explained it in one of my above post. The simple thing to get rid off the 3 black squares to delete the retroarch.cfg , on other version like 1.5.0 delete config file. Or change the bundle ID I explained it above with a pic. By the way, config file its been change the name and directory across versions like 1.3.6, 1.4.0, 1.4.1, and 1.5.0. If you delete config file your other contents like Roms, save data won’t change.

Mr Seven you are my hero.

If I’m understand correctly, after version 1.4.0 I only have to delete the config file and then open the app?

That sounds nice. Where do I find the newer ipa files?

Does this guide seem complete for making my own IPA files using a mac?

first of all, there is no stable or nightly 1.5.0 version working perfectly fine so far. The best version so far 1.5.0 nightly uploaded today and still has crashing problem when you go to settings then change something then tapping on home. I am talk about the 3 icons and bottom of the retroarch Home, playlist and settings. To avoid the crashing, when change anything on settings then go back to playlist then home. Don’t go back to home directory, you need to tap on playlist then home. I uploaded the ipa with all cores updated to date. I also included the missing N64 core. It’s ready to install via cydia impactor.

maybe I’ll stick with 1.4.0

After 7 days, do I keep the app, reconnect with impactor, then delete the config file?

Wait I just remembered that the 1.4.0 file you posted doesn’t keep the configuration…maybe 1.3.6 will be dine

delete config file before you reinstall Retroarch.

stupid question: are PSP games supported? I dropped a pspgame.iso in my folder, and chose “load content”

the only suggested cores were:

3DO arade sega ms/md/md/cd (Genesis Plus GX) Sega MS/MD/cd/32x (Pico Drive) Sega Saturn

For iOS, No. There’s no psp core for iOS. As far as i know psp don’t work well on Retroarch in general. The best choice for psp on iOS is PPSSPP app. And the best choice for NDS games is NDS4ios app.

do they host an iPa? Currently only finding a Cydia repo link on their website

The only way to get a working ipa right now is to download the Nightly under the apple section (which will have a Retroarch.app folder), download and put cores into the Module folder inside the retroarch.app folder, then drag the folder to itunes in the Apps section. Then drag the Retroarch app created there out onto your desktop or a folder- it will then be a working ipa.

I apologize for the confusion. I was looking for a IPA for ppsspp

After performing an update RetroArch stopped loading, which is a good thing, it gives me another chance to see if I can create a tutorial for resolving the issue.

I kept RetroArch on my phone, opened Impactor and dragged the 1.3.6 file to it. Once that finished I deleted the new config file and core config, no problems there, no black boxes at the bottom.

SAVE STATES WORK! Everything is a success.

However, there is a duplicate of every game in my database…any suggestions for how I clean this up? Here’s a photo

The top game works, the lower game says “file could not be loaded from playlist”

Using iFunbox try to delete .lpl files from Retroarch/playlists directory. After that, scan games folders again. The reason why the old playlist won’t work, because UUID keep changing every time you reinstall Retroarch. You can edit both config file and playlists, by replace the new bundle id with exiting one. To find the new UUID you need to copy the old one to pc, then delete them. It will create new config file open it with text editor.

You need to do this with every playlist file and config file as well, If you want to preserve the old configuration and playlists. Load recent won’t work because it changes bundle it too. by the way, thanks for the Tutorial and keep it up.

excellent! thank you for that. Incredibly easy to correct. I don’t know why I didn’t bother to look up the “playlists” folder.

I’ll make an updated video to help anyone in the future.

I saw someone ask how to make an.ipa file

Download the .app folder (retroarch.app) on your pc. Create a forlder called “Payload” and put that .app folder inside it. Compress the payload folder with normal compression (simply create a .zip/.rar archive with no extra messing) and rename the archive to “retroarch” or smth like that. Now, in any file explorer window, click the “view” tab and check “file name extension”. Rename the retroarch.rar (or .zip) to retroarch.ipa. Done.

Now you can install it using cydia impactor or smth.