RetroGames4K's Mega Bezel screen pics, gameplays & custom settings

I wish I could play it that way. But Dreamsnes only lets you play that way. The mega drive emulator also does that, even worst because dreamcast doesn’t make 224p in the emulator, so scanlines look uneven. The emulators are so basic. I haven’t found anything better than this for the Dreamcast.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

This is off topic, but I made this video about a year ago, and I made this video for my youtube channel when it reached 1000 subscribers. But I’m going to share it with you because I’m thankful for this community and happy for all your help, and this music video express how happy I am with you. Special to Thanks @HyperspaceMadness, @Cyber, @guest.r, @sonkun, @Nesguy … Thank you all…

5 Likes

Just testing Retroarch on android 1080p with Guest Advanced NTSC. My Mobile can’t handle Mega Bezel. So I’m trying with this one to see how it looks on 1080p.

2 Likes

You’re most welcome! Congratulations on reaching 1000 subs! Great job on the video editing!

Have you tried the Potato base preset which uses GDV-Mini?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot :smiley:

Oh thanks. I didn’t know. I’ll give a try. As always, thank you. You are always a great help.:grin:

2 Likes

No problem, I just tried a bunch of the Potato presets on my Samsung Galaxy A71 and most of them ran pretty decently.

The ones that ran the best for me were GDV-Mini as well as GDV-Mini-NTSC and don’t sleep on Sony Megatron either! It looks and runs excellent!

1 Like

Yes it runs quite decent. :grin: But is there slotmask preset? I can’t find it.

1 Like

I know the standalone Megatron has some Slot Mask presets included. I’ve never really used any of the Potato presets that much though so I’m unfamiliar with their capabilities. Perhaps @DariusG or @HyperspaceMadness might be able to chime in or you can probably read up in the GDV-Mini thread.

1 Like

3 Likes

Thank you for making these shaders they look impeccable and I really like what I’m seeing.

Sorry for being naive about this, I’ve downloaded the file in your original post, used the password, but it looks like the entire Retroarch folder was downloaded, not the shaders.

Can you please tell me how do I install this?

Thanks again and congrats on this!

2 Likes

At the moment I think Retro has only released one preset. I believe they included the full RetroArch folder because that is the version that their preset works with. Once you unzip and open up the shaders folder you will see the preset titled “RetroGames4K_Sanyo CE1AT08-C_Mega Drive”. As long as you have version 1.15 of RetroArch and Mega Bezel V1.12.0_2023-03-11 all you need to do is copy Retro’s one released preset to your already installed shaders folder.

3 Likes

Much appreciated thank you for guiding me, was a bit confused but this was really helpful : P

2 Likes

The pack is included with the version of retroarch that it was tested on, just in case it doesn’t work with other versions.

Now I’m working on the Dreamcast setting…

4 Likes

Nice work. Would be nice to also see some examples with finer beam focus. (I.e., more discernible scanline gaps)

2 Likes

Thanks, but just starting😅

What option is Finer beam focus? My Crt depending the game scanlines are thin, so I don’t know what you mean… Apart Dreamcast makes interlaced scanlines and is barely visible.

1 Like

Pretty much all the options under “scanline options” will adjust the shape of the scanlines.

Higher TVL TVs and larger TVs had more pronounced gaps, but it’s also a result of beam focus and calibration.

2 Likes

Well My CRT is a 14" and is about a 300TVL I think, but I will try with scanline type GSL 1, I was in 0, and number 2 is too dark, I don’t like it. But I will post a screenshot with these 3 options too see how it looks… I’m trying with PS1.

2 Likes