RetroGames4K's Mega Bezel screen pics, gameplays & custom settings

The thing is I don’t know how to use bright boost, it’s a bit confusing to me. Which is the correct method to use bright boost dark, and bright pixels? And which brights Which? Sorry for the ignorance, but I tried it before and never knew how to use it, but always is good to learn new things. Thanks :grinning:

1 Like

Making small last tweaks, to make sure everything looks good…

5 Likes

Bright boost dark boosts the brightness of dark pixels and bright boost bright boosts the brightness of bright pixels. Sometimes it’s necessary for one to be higher than the other depending on what other settings are being used, but you can raise them both to the same level to boost everything by the same amount.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thank you, but I didn’t make these shaders, this is Mega Bezel Shaders, and I think you have to thank @HyperspaceMadness, @guest.r for these shaders, and I don’t know if anyone else is involved, without these shaders, It would’ve been impossible for me to make this CUSTOM settings that I made to make a copy like my Sanyo CRT.

2 Likes

Here’s a list of those involved in creating these awesome tools.

3 Likes

Wow! So Many😅. Thanks, now I know the answer.

2 Likes

These overlays and shaders are absolutely incredible! I run a 1080p setup so I’m gonna test it out and see how it looks.

2 Likes

This setting is made exclusively for 4k, you won’t be able to run it properly in 1080p. You only be able in 4k or in 1080p with nvidia’s super sampling DSR that upscales to 4k. For 1080p needs another setting, but it won’t look the same.

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind me suggesting this @RetroGames4K

@TheSOSDude, if you haven’t already, you can also take a look at my preset pack which has presets which are optimized for different resolutions.

There’s also Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor which is also a pretty realistic looking shader once you get it up and running and is available from within the Mega Bezel Reflection Shader so you can get the best of both worlds.

There’s also Zomb’s Preset Pack which uses Mega Bezel, not sure what resolution it’s optimized for though.

Then there’s also koko-aio-shader which also includes a reflective bezel.

I think DSR would actually be rendering internally at 4K, then downsampling to 1080p in this usage scenario.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Something looks very off with this mask pattern. Look closely. It could be a shader bug.

Well I don’t know yet I have to try something, every core is different. I like it though, but I’m just testing.

I think I’ve seen it before possibly in Guest’s thread as an issue and I thought it might have been fixed. It’s in the actual drawing of the Slot_Mask. The lines seem to be a bit misaligned leading to some vertical S shaped patterns.

The black horizontal line also seems to be missing its targets.

1 Like

Now I see that you are right, after testing a bit, I see it looks a bit off… So at the moment I’ll leave 128-Bit settings aside, I will try with 32-Bit, also need to test 8-Bit consoles…

2 Likes

Maybe you can mention it in @guest.r’s thread so that he can have a look at what conditions or combination of settings might have caused it because this is something that I thought was resolved the last time I read about it.

2 Likes