RetroGames4K's Mega Bezel screen pics, gameplays & custom settings

I just updated the Shader pack, I updated Mega Drive, and added Nintendo 64. I hope you enjoy it! :grin:

3 Likes

Your package also includes all the retroarch directory, FYI.

Thanks for the update mate

2 Likes

1 Like

I forgot to mention that in this setting, you don’t need Sega luma fix for the mega drive, I just realized to switch it off, because on, its too bright and loses black detail, I don’t know why. It’s on by default.

1 Like

I don’t know if it was intended or not, but the Mega Drive one i tested doesn’t blend the waterfall of sonic or that of shinobi III, i usually use these games to test new mega drive shaders presets so i noticed those, but might be your intention for more clarity.

1 Like

Things change fast in Mega Bezel land.

1 Like

So yeah it’s on by default on the Megadrive emulators because my understanding is that technically this is correct, and in a default shader scenario, E.G. Default guest advanced it seems to generally look better.

I would think that if the darks are starting to look too bright then I would suggest adjusting the black level in grade.

But let me know how this is working for you as time moves on because the goal is really to make this the best baseline for everyone. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey, man your presets look really nice! I’ve taken a lot of ideas from them.

IMO, you shouldn’t be bundling any non-shader files with this. Furthermore, unless you’ve made changes to the actual shader files, all you have to do is copy and paste your settings and put them in brackets: Here’s one example:

#reference "shaders_slang/bezel/Mega_Bezel/Presets/CyberLab/MBZ__1__Advance_Full_Reflections/4K/CyberLab__Ultimate_Virtual_Slot_Mask_CRT-1P2RTA__ADV.slangp"
GAMMA_INPUT = "1.800001"
HSM_INT_SCALE_MAX_HEIGHT = "100.000000"
HSM_NON_INTEGER_SCALE = "100.000000"
HSM_TUBE_BLACK_EDGE_THICKNESS = "-15.000000"
HSM_SCREEN_REFLECTION_SCALE = "200.000000"
HSM_BZL_INNER_EDGE_THICKNESS = "540.000000"
HSM_BZL_INNER_EDGE_SHARPNESS = "20.000000"
HSM_REFLECT_FULLSCREEN_GLOW_GAMMA = "1.480000"
HSM_REFLECT_BEZEL_INNER_EDGE_AMOUNT = "100.000000"
HSM_REFLECT_BEZEL_INNER_EDGE_FULLSCREEN_GLOW = "13.000000"
HSM_BG_OPACITY = "0.000000"
shadowMask = "12.000000"
masksize = "1.000000"
mask_layout = "1.000000"
slotwidth = "7.000000"
double_slot = "3.000000"
slotms = "1.000000"
dcscalemode = "2.000000"
3 Likes

Yes is intended, if you want waterfall to blend, you can search for Hyllian SGENPT and set it to number 2. I prefer sharpness over blending, as these settings tend to make them a bit blurry.

It’s working really well. The only thing is I was confused, I didn’t know or at least didn’t read it properly that was on by default and I thought sega luma fix was the only one left and I had to put it on, because Sega brightness fix is the one removed. So that’s why the confusion.

Thanks😀. I know what you mean, but the thing is I want to make sure that the presets works properly on the last Retroarch and Mega Bezel. I don’t want to use simple settings, as they tend to break everytime you start saving the same preset a few times, and it’s annoying that you have to start again everytime the preset breaks, and of course my last presets didn’t work on last mega bezel, they broke my settings and couldn’t use them, a black screen came out with core res info activated and couldn’t change anything, so I had to start to set it again. So This way no one have problems. Also to mention that emulators video settings had been changed as well, because it won’t look properly with the shader if I don’t change emulator settings too, so these emulator and packs comes with Genesis Plus GX and Parallei emulators.

1 Like

Sorry guys, I set luma fix off by default now. Also I had explicit scanlines res set to 0 “auto” and changed it to 1 “on” by default, so blacks look a bit more pronunciated on mask and scanlines. I want to suggest @guest.r, @HyperspaceMadness if it could be possible to make this setting on “auto” mode, the same dark as “explicit”? this is to avoid some non 224p mega drive games look bad if it’s game resolution is 240p and avoid changing it manually, also because “auto” mode tends to be a bit brighter. I think a few games in mega drive ran in 240p. For those who want waterfall to blend, search for “Hyllian SGENPT” and set it to number 2. This is off by default because I prefer sharpness over waterfall blending, and this is my preferred setting. Also I forgot to mention as well, is that my recommendation for MY SETTINGS is to set Retroarch video scaling set to CORE PROVIDED, I think it looks better IMO.

Now looks better:

1 Like

Understandable. It’s definitely an option for people who want to set it and forget it. It’s just not good for users to be downloading files they can’t really know haven’t been modified.

2 Likes

But is not because only that. Emulator video options need to be set as well to look right. If I only post my settings when loading a game on the emulator, the ratio and scaling can be off sometimes and wouldn’t match the settings. So I included the pack for this reason too.

Unless the expert shader creators come up with a solution, this could be an alignment issue with overlays and backgrounds. @HyperspaceMadness and @guest.r

3 Likes

The look of the shader using CORE PROVIDED should be no different than FULL.

CORE PROVIDED will cut off the sides of the BACKGROUND, leaving them black.

It seems like in your presets the background is already set to black, so you actually should see no difference.

If there is no background, or the background is black the CORE PROVIDED aspect will actually use less resources with the same visual result.

But if you want to see a background then it would obviously need to be set it to FULL.

2 Likes

Well I can see that it does slightly a bit but with the mask only. Someone can try to confirm this? Or maybe is me I’m doing something wrong.

By the background you mean the background layer? Does that affect in quality?

This picture is full mode, I made both with my mobile camera. You can check at the “A” letter and see the pattern has different position…

And this one is core provided…

I can see clearly that changes position and looks a bit different… On core provided looks a bit clearer image for my eyes, while on full is a sligtly blurrier. I’ll keep testing though, Maybe is me or my perception and need a rest to my eyes :joy:

1 Like

Well never mind although I can see that the mask moves on core provided, now checking on full screen screenshots on my PC, I can see that the full screen mode looks sharper. I was checking screenshots on my mobile phone and I thought that core provided look better. I leave it at full at the moment, also I’m going to take a rest a few days for my eyes, so I can look clear myself. Sorry for the inconvenience :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like