RetroPie cocktail shader

The border shaders use the full 16:9 aspect ratio, as well, but they set their own aspect for the game image with the border around it. You could keep your aspect ratio at 16:9 and then switch between the border shader and cocktail table shader using the next/previous shader hotkeys.

Those hotkeys only work on presets that are in the top-level of your shader directory, so you’ll need to create some presets there that point to the shader files.

Hello Hunter! I’m sorry to revive this thread but I am also having the same issues as above with the newest cocktail-cab-portrait.glsl

I have tried all of the hacks in this thread and I am still unable to get things working. Thank you in advance for any help!

The portrait version didn’t have the fix from the landscape version. I’ve added it now, so it should make its way to the online updater pretty soon. If it still gives you trouble, let me know.

Awesome news! Thank you for adding the update. Unfortunately the problem is still there.

I am running retroarch 1.6.0. Do you think an update to the retroarch binary might be the issue after the shader update?

No, updating RA won’t do anything. Can you verify that the shader has the updates?

If you can open the file in a text editor, just make sure the last bit looks like this:

FragColor = screen1 + screen2;
} 
#endif

I just checked and it does. I verified the date modified on GitHub and then copy/pasted the new shader with ssh.

Ok, thanks for checking. I’ll have to wait until I’m around a GLES device to figure out what’s up.

Sounds good. Thank you again for all of your help!

It’s a strange issue. In the SF2 example it starts to happen during a match. The coin load, and player select screens are fine.

I rewrote the whole thing to work more simply and hopefully without the ugly clamping stuff. It works on my Shield ATV, at least. It should make its way to the online updater soon and should require little-to-no adjustment per-core now, too. Let me know how it treats you.

The new shader is working perfectly! Thank you so much for this, as well as all of your help and hard work!

did you get it up and running?