Rom Scanning / final solution

Has anyone else got it working? Can anyone post the first 6 or 12 lines from your arcade playlist… mine is (mame 2003)

Because I cannot even make one game launch ( i mean NO script or anything…) just a normal edited lpl

I make sure the game opens on its own… you know load content with core…

Then I edit the lpl trying to use the format provided by other playlists. but the y are all alittle different.

What the hell is the format of this lpl.

This is getting out of control

GOT IT!!! ITS WORKING!!!

thank you so much hunterk you have made my whole week!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

you guys are totally awesome

woohoo, glad you got it working :slight_smile:

@hunterk I just modify a little your script, I hope it’s ok with you, I removed extension to be a little clearier, and send parameters to use bash faster instead of writing everytime:

Params of dumping_games.sh:

$1 = Path to core $2 = Path to read content $3 = Path to save list name

sh dump_ra_list.sh /mnt/media/games/emulators/retroarch/libretro/snes9x_libretro.so /mnt/media/games/roms/console/snes /mnt/media/games/emulators/retroarch/playlists/SNES.lpl

#!/bin/bash
COUNTER=1

for i in $2/*; do
echo "$i" >> $3
echo $i | sed 's/\.[^.]*$//' | sed 's/.*\///' >> $3
echo "$1" >> $3
echo "$1" | sed 's/\.[^.]*$//' | sed 's/.*\///' >> $3
echo "$COUNTER|crc" >> $3
echo "" >> $3
COUNTER=$[$COUNTER +1]
done

@askot Sure, looks good!

There is a similar script in Lakka’s wiki, in the playlist documentation.

I cant get this to work, ive tried the script to make a playlist. It gives me this error on every game: ./mame.sh: line 22: +1]: not found

this is my current script: #!/bin/bash COUNTER=1

echo “Enter the absolute path to your core” read core

echo “Enter the absolute path to the directory you want to scan” echo “(exclude trailing slashes)” read content

echo “Enter the name of the playlist” read name

for i in $content/; do echo “$i” >> $name echo $i | sed 's/.[^.]$//’ | sed ‘s/.///’ >> $name echo “$core” >> $name echo “$core” | sed 's/.[^.]$//’ | sed ‘s/.*///’ >> $name echo “$COUNTER|crc” >> $name echo “” >> $name COUNTER=$[$COUNTER +1] done

this is my current MAME.lpl in /storage/playlists: /storage/roms/mame/contra.zip contra.zip /tmp/cores/mame2014_libretro.so mame2014_libretro.so 1|crc

/storage/roms/mame/doubledr.zip doubledr.zip /tmp/cores/mame2014_libretro.so mame2014_libretro.so 1|crc

/storage/roms/mame/mk.zip mk.zip /tmp/cores/mame2014_libretro.so mame2014_libretro.so 1|crc

/storage/roms/mame/mk2.zip mk2.zip /tmp/cores/mame2014_libretro.so mame2014_libretro.so 1|crc

/storage/roms/mame/mk3.zip mk3.zip /tmp/cores/mame2014_libretro.so mame2014_libretro.so 1|crc

/storage/roms/mame/sf1.zip sf1.zip /tmp/cores/mame2014_libretro.so mame2014_libretro.so 1|crc

/storage/roms/mame/sf2.zip sf2.zip /tmp/cores/mame2014_libretro.so mame2014_libretro.so 1|crc

the playlist shows in the ui but i cannot run any mame games.

i have tried using both mame2014_libretro.so and mame_libretro.so as my cores for mame.

I had these games working earlier on RetroPie but wanted to test out Lakka, to get some perspective.

It looks like the counter isn’t incrementing but that shouldn’t really matter. Are you able to load the ROMs though the ‘load content’ > ‘select file’ method rather than through a playlist?

I think, it needs an extra line to add playlist-name.lpl to work according to Kivutar’s info and structure:

/storage/roms/n64/Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (USA).n64
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (USA)
/tmp/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.so
Nintendo 64 (Mupen64Plus)
EC95702D|crc
Nintendo - Nintendo 64.lpl

No i cant load a game by using the "Load Content " either. When i look in the “Load Core” i cannot se mame either.

I added “MAME.lpl” below the crc in my file but it does nothing for me.

I think it saves the text file in the main folder “/storage” and not in the folder “/storage/playlist” . Also does not add the .lpl extension.

I got the same line 21 error…think it has to do with the crc number

Booted up linux mint as a gui file browser… Moved the file over into the playlist folder and added the .lpl extension.

What version of MAME roms? my 078 are working about 85% I would say.

[QUOTE=Krum11;32685]I think it saves the text file in the main folder “/storage” and not in the folder “/storage/playlist” . Also does not add the .lpl extension.

I got the same line 21 error…think it has to do with the crc number

Booted up linux mint as a gui file browser… Moved the file over into the playlist folder and added the .lpl extension.

What version of MAME roms? my 078 are working about 85% I would say.[/QUOTE]

I went throug some guide and rebuilt my orignial downloded roms to the 0.37b5 romset, they worked fine on retropie (most of them). When i looked at the /storage/playlist folder (the network share) i found my nes playlist there too, it was created through a scan. My mame playlist shows but i cannot start the games. Currently i reinstalled it with the recalbox, wich atleast one of the games (same 8 test games) worked. But i dont like the emulation station frontend. Recalbox felt quite responsive and MK ran good. But on retropie it felt a bit slugish. Want to try running the games on lakka too for comparison.

I took a lot of what you guys posted here and hackishly came up with a way to make an arcade playlist (FBA in my case) while using descriptive names.

I used clrmamepro under wine/linux to scan my roms, then saved a “miss/have list” of FBA sets with a descriptive option like so:

And here’s the bash script that compares my clrmamepro list against my roms folder, generating a lpl playlist:

#!/bin/bash

# $1 - roms dir, $2 - clrmamepro list, $3 - playlist

for i in $1*.zip; do
juego=$(echo "$i" | sed 's/\.[^.]*$//' | sed 's/.*\///')
desc=$(grep -w "$juego | " "$2")
if [ -n "$desc" ]
then
echo "$i" >> "$3"
echo "$desc" | sed 's/^.* | //' | sed 's/\"//g' >> "$3"
echo $'DETECT
DETECT
0|crc
' >> "$3"
fi
done

I hope it’s not horribly broken, seems to be working fine for me

Cheers

Ah, nice. That looks great! Thanks for sharing it!

Sorry, I know this thread is a little old. Does this work-around apply to other emulators? Is it by-passing the No-Intro standard? I’d very much like to get my unrecognized roms and emulators on the playlist and have been having a hell of a time with it…

Yes I believe this will work with any emulator. You would just have to change the path to the core you need.

Load the games manually first to make sure they are working. Then you should be fine.

Yep. Got it working the other day, Thank you! I ended up using this script here: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4549

Right now I’m trying to figure out how to compile the core for Beetle-Mednafen-VB, but I haven’t had much luck. :frowning: I see that it’s not in the list for working emulators at: http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Hardware-support/ But it’s not marked as not working, it’s marked with a ‘?’. I’d like to see if I can get it running on my Rpi2.

Edit: Got it working! Virtual Boy seems to play ROMS flawlessly on Rpi2! This core should come pre-loaded with the Rpi2 build. I’d grade the performance an A or B.

It would be awesome if someone could upload a Mame 0.171 rom set playlist for all to use. I guess most people use the Torrentzipped-split rom set from PD. It would also be great if someone could upload a playlists based on the no-intro rom set available on PD. Atari 2600 for instance.

Here’s a script to make a playlist out of a given folder with PSX eboots in a (somewhat finnicky) folder structure:

Descriptive Game Name/SERIAL/EBOOT.pbp (e.g. Intelligent Qube/SCUS94181/EBOOT.PBP)

#!/bin/bash

# $1 - games dir, $2 - retroarch playlist

cd "$1"
find . -name '*.PBP' -print0 | 
while IFS= read -r -d $'\0' line; do 
pbp=$(realpath "$line")
ruta=$(dirname "$pbp")
juego=$(cd "$ruta"; cd ../; basename "$PWD")
echo -e "$pbp
$juego
DETECT
DETECT
0|crc
$(basename "$2")" >> "$2"
done

Sorry to necro this thread, but I (like a lot of others) can’t create a post.

Similar to the others in this thread, I’ve got a fresh install of Lakka and a bundle of ROMs from No-Intro, but Lakka can’t seem to scan any of the files I have. All games are in ZIP format, and I can manually load each one by going into Main Menu > Load Content. Any suggestions?