[RPi Zero w] Black Screen after notifications shows up

Hi guys,

When a notification pops up, my screen goes black, only showing a 10% of the left screen. This often happens when more than 1 notifications pops up quickly. Additionally, when the problem occurs, a new notification let me see the screen again. When entering in menu, the screen is black too and using the left visible portion I’m able to restart the content, solving the issue temporally until a new notification appears.

I had intermittent situations when nothing happens for a long time (20 mins), but other times happens after 2 minutes, totally random.

I tried with several notifications settings, different menu drivers, with/without shaders, different video settings, but no luck.

Does anyone know if this is a common issue?

Thanks and regards!

It’s not common, exactly, but it does happen: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/10541

The workaround is to go to settings > onscreen display > onscreen notifications and disable gfx widgets.

Many thanks, hunterk, that’s exactly what happens to me. I’ll follow your workaround, but at least, I know it not happens only to me.