(RPi4) vertical scrolling stuttering on CRT TV

Hi, my setup is Lakka 3.4 on RPi4 > VGA666 > VGA-Scart > CRT TV.

I’d like to use a fixed 320x240@60 modeline like this: hdmi_timings=320 1 23 25 39 240 1 4 3 15 0 0 0 60 0 6400000 1

On LCD monitor I had VSYNC disabled and everything was fine, but on CRT TV I get some visible stuttering in vertical scrolling (e.g. Night Slashers in lr-fbneo). What could I check? Overscan is disabled, and integer scaling enabled (output core-provided).

Thank you so much!

Hmm, if it’s stuttering rather than “shimmering”, it’s probably not related to resolution/cropping. Does it help if you disable audio sync but keep vsync?

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, I’ll check ASAP. I also think it’s not related to resolution or cropping, but IMHO, and maybe, it’s because screen refresh detected by Retroarch it’s not exactly 60.00 but slightly more. I tried another 320x240 modeline that had 56.6 refresh and scrolling was OK, but games were slower.

Ah, ok, a lot of data east games ran at funky non-60 refresh rates, which is fine, but you may need to increase your ‘max timing skew’ in settings > audio > sychronization to make it speed up to 60 Hz. I think we set it to just miss the Data East games, as people wanted them to run at their native, slower refresh rate at the expense of smooth scrolling.