S902, S905, S908 boxes questions regarding Lakka 2.0 installation

You mean I can buy one of those cheap Android TV boxes, and install Lakka on it and use those as a Lakka box? What about the S912 boxes? Which one of these boxes is best to run Lakka 2.0 on and is it really worth the money? I have questions! :slight_smile:

I have Lakka 2.0 running on a s905 box and it runs great, better performance than the pi 3. The best part is you can install Lakka to the emmc memory and run all the games from the SD card.

1 Like

some S905 CPU BOX is have nice cost performance , But must sure Bootloader is not encryption, if you buy a Bootloader encryption ver. maybe can’t rewrite android to boot on TF card

@SaBomNim Do you mind telling us which S905 box you’re using?

1 Like

I have this, https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L57X5L2/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I used ssh and ran “installtointernal” to get it to overwrite the Android partishion, although it still has the brand if the box on the boot screen, before the Lakka splash.

Did a little digging, it’s the same core CPU/GPU combo as the Odroid C2, which is going to run better than the Pi 3, which really isn’t a shocker, but not going to run better than the XU4 I have. Don’t get me wrong, Lakka + XU4 is a wonderful little combo though! :smiley:

Hmmm…wonder if I could slap Lakka on this little Ouya box I picked up off of Craig’s List for like $10… any idea?

Ouya is Tegra 3 and unfortunately the open source driver (still doing RE) is not yet on par with nvidia driver which is not updated anymore. For now you will need to try use RA on Android.

Thanks gouchi. I tried sideloading RA on Android and it kept crashing on me. I might have to use the cytengen mod on the Ouya to get it up and running.

I am also running Lakka 2.1 RC2 on my S905X Box (T95m). For PSX I found the optimal settings to run the games fast and nice.

At the moment I am trying to find the settings for running N64 games, but I have a lot of problems… Do anyone know a place where I can find optimal settings?

PS: For my opinion this S905X-TvBoxes are the best you can get for under 50 Euro! You get a powerfull S905X Board, plus the case, plus the Poweradapter and plus internal Memory!! This a are all things you have to by if you run it on a RPi3…

I need some help, i’ve followed the instructions in the Lakka website to run it on my nexbox a95x (1gb/8gb) using the SD card. But no matter what i couldn’t make it boot the SD.

Then i tried the “hidden button pressing” like i saw in some internet videos but all i got was into the device recovery.

Am I doing something wrong or this device is locked or something? I bought this device just to run Lakka on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The seller sent me the A95x R1, it is not a S905 chipset android Box. The device chip is a Rockchip RK3229. So it is not compatible with lakka.

I have a 2GB Ram 8GB Rom NexBox 905X Model A95X-B7N. I am able to boot off the SD card and install Lakka and user data to the internal. However whenever I try t update Lakka through XMB the download progress number goes up and down.

I leave it alone and go do something else for awhile. When I come back the yellow text down where the update progress is has gone. I reboot Lakka through the XMB. It reboots and goes through what looks like a normal update. When it reboots itself I get an error and then I have to re do everything again

I forgot to write the exact error down, but it says something like tty error job quit