Saturn Playslist missing

Hello everybody! First of all: i am not an expert and this is my first day using lakka. I installed it on an old (not too much) PC that was inside my closet collecting dust. I already emulated NES, Super NES, Sega Master System, Genesis, Game Boy even PSP games. Still i wanted to play a few old Saturn gems. I inserted two games and scanned the directory but still the playlist (the saturn tab in the main menu, to be clear) doesn’t appear. I mean, i went in the first tab of Lakka, i went in “Load Content” then “Select File and Detect Core”, i selected the zip of the game and then i selected the Yabause core for Sega Saturn and the game plays just fine. But i don’t understand why the playlist doesn’t appear in the main menu near all the other platforms. Can you guys help me? (this is probably a noob question but still i couldn’t find much online).

Thank you so much! Have a nice day, Alessio

Hey there! I’m new too but I came across the same issue. As far as I can gather so far, Saturn, Dreamcast, Sega CD, and a number of others are not able to automatically scan for playlists. Although I haven’t actually done it yet, I think this is the information you’ll need to do it.

http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Playlists/

I hope that helps!

1 Like

Redump, Trurip, and TOSEC Saturn ROM collections should all be picked up by the playlist scanner: https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database#sources

I have just updated the Lakka ROM and Emulator megathread, which I hope will be helpful explaining how playlist scanning works and how to make sure that your ROMs show up: Megathread: "Which ROMs work with Lakka?"

have tried scanning some games from the redump Set (20160527) but no tested Game was added to a playlist after scanning. have only try with very common games like sega rally, panzer dragon 1+2, die hard arcade…

same with: NEC - PC Engine CD - TurboGrafx-CD Full Set (ReDump 20161106) and Sega Mega-CD and Sega-CD Reference Set (ReDump 20160827)

only my PS1 Set will recognized correctly (ReDump 20150524)

CD-Image format is : “cue/bin” (unzipped in folders named like images)

use Lakka-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170213022116-r25642

We have not yet implemented serial scanning for these systems