Saving in-game on PPSSPP?

So I’m using core version 1.0.1 on Shield TV and any game I try to save in-game on the memory stick won’t save at all.

I got all the asset files and the folders for this specific core version and placed them in the system/PPSSPP folder like so

Also confirmed that Retroarch sees that the ppge_atlas.zim file required is present.

I read somewhere that the fonts may be the problem so I’ve tried many diff typs of fonts, ones from here https://github.com/orbea/libretro-ppsspp-assets/tree/master/flash0/font

and “real PSP fonts” but not only can I still not save, some games will show a screen like this

Not sure what I could be doing wrong or if there’s something else I need to do.

I am having the same issue. I’ve traced my steps just like you have. All assets, lang, and flash/font folders where they should be and taken from the official PPSSPP github.

I don’t know if this latest update to RA is the reason but PPSSPP now saves games within the core. Only thing is I couldn’t get saves to write to my external hard drive but only to the internal sd card of my Shield TV itself. Just make sure you have all the required files and folders in your system folder and you’re set to go. I was even able to copy all my save data folders from the stand alone app to the core save data folder all they all load the way they should.

Which repository did you get all the required files and folders from? Maybe you had better luck with one versus the other?

I believe I got them from here. I also remember searching for separate fonts for the 1.0.1 version of ppsspp. If anything I don’t mind zipping all the folders I’m using and either posting it here if it’s allowed or by pm or something if you can’t get yours up and running

that would be really nice if you could upload your work systems directory for PPSSPP. Thank you!

I’ve tried and tried again. But I haven’t found the 1.0.1 fonts - that might be the answer?!

Here you go. Assuming you use Android be sure to place the folder into your internal card. I tried to place that folder in my external hard drive and the folders simply would not write saves to it but the moment I put it in my System folder in the root of my Shield TV everything worked.

Edit: Updated the folders to the version from 1.4.2

Also I just found out that all Shield TV users with external hard drives attached, a folder gets created in the root called “NVIDIA_SHIELD”. Nvidia made it so that that folder is the only folder and place that has read and write access, any other place or folder on an external connected to a Shield will just have read access. Putting your PPSSPP folder (or even better your whole Retroarch folder) in there will definitely allow you to save games on your external with no problems as it will now have write access. This folder is also important for other cores as well. I moved my whole Retroarch folder there and noticed differences right away, both the x68000 and nec pc-98 cores are suppose to create a cfg file the very first time you launch the core, that never happened on my external until I moved my Retroarch folder there and changed all my directory paths to now point inside the NVIDIA_SHIELD folder. I think a lot of Shield users aren’t even aware of this folder. All Shield TV users should definitely check that out.

I had the same problem also, but I got it fixed putting the PPSSPP assets in the same folder as the roms in a folder called “PPSSPP”, it didn’t work when I inserted into the system folder.