Searching a special shader, simulating a vertical Arcade CRT

Hi there, finaly i understand the shaders a little bit and how they work, in combo with a cool overlay, the curvature, scanlines, it almost look like the real thing, but only for Horizontal games. I still haven’t found a shaders who simulate the vertical scanlines right, the scanlines are allways from left to right, so i plan start to build my own, but maybe someone can point me to a allready availible shaders, so i can study it a bit more? Thanks for any help here!

nedo

CRT-Hyllian (single-pass) has a parameter to make vertical scanlines and there’s a variant of crt-pi (only available in GLSL format) that runs them vertically.

If you use the FBA core, it rotates shaders appropriate for vertical games, it’s only the MAME core(s) that don’t for some reason.

hi hunterk! CRT-Hyllian can do the vertical scanlines! looks good enough, what i need now is the curvature, trying to add the crt-geom.cg but so far without luck, curvature there but scanlines gone :wink:

1 Like

You can tack curvature onto shaders but it doesn’t usually look very good. The scanlines produce a lot of moire. Try using this shader instead, which already has nice, antialiased curvature and vertical scanlines:

thanks for the info hunterk, i allready tried this shader, somehow the scanlines dont look vertical here, hmmm i will do some more tests.