SOQUEROEU – Mega Bezel TV Backgrounds

Wow! Awesome stuff @soqueroeu, congratulations on your new package, I’ve been testing them and they have such a great fun feel to them! :star_struck:

4 Likes

I think I’m going to take a break from my preset updating and take them for a spin as well! I’ve always admired and been very impressed by the screenshots of the graphics!

4 Likes

Hi, congratulations for the excellent work. Sega presets are not working in this 2.0 Pack. Any suggestion ?

2 Likes

The Sega Images haven’t been released yet that is why they don’t work. I would use the Generic TV presets until than.

2 Likes

Im gonna look and fix all things tonight! Thanks for feedback!

4 Likes

@soqueroeu now installed and going to try your wonderful new presets and graphics. You were asking for feedback earlier. Firstly, excellent work on the GitHub page. You might have inspired me to move forward in that regard. I particularly like your license agreement terms.

Secondly, I kinda lamented not seeing you implement the Mega Bezel Community (Now Mega_Bezel_Community_Collections) (Now Mega_Bezel_Packs) Folder and relative paths. I hope to see these included in the near future. It should be simple and you have lots of help available.

Now on to the graphics!

What can I say? Great work as usual @soqueroeu!

Blargg NTSC OFF

Blargg NTSC OFF

Blargg NTSC RGB ON

Blargg NTSC RGB ON

Blargg NTSC RGB ON

Blargg NTSC OFF

Blargg NTSC OFF

Blargg NTSC RGB ON

Updated 26-08-22

CyberLab__Composite-Pure__Soqueroeu-TV_Special_Edition__STD.slangp

#reference "Mega_Bezel_Packs/Soqueroeu-TV-Backgrounds_V2.0/presets/TV-Console/Nintendo_NES.slangp"

scangammaoffset = "2.500000"

g_hue_degrees = "-6.000000"
wp_temperature = "6500.000000"

GDV_DECONVERGENCE_ON = "0.000000"

g_sat = "0.020000"

post_br = "1.310000"

h_sharp = "5.200000"

GAMMA_INPUT = "2.100000"
gamma_out = "2.500000"

bloom = "0.150000"
halation = "0.000000"

scan_falloff = "0.250000"

g_crtgamut = "1.000000"

scans = "0.000000"
GDV_NOISE_ON = "1.000000"

glow = "0.000000"

masksize = "2.000000"

gsl = "2.000000"
scanline1 = "9.000000"
scanline2 = "9.000000"
beam_min = "1.350000"
beam_max = "1.300000"

shadowMask = "6.000000"
maskstr = "1.000000"

addnoised = "0.180000"
noiseresd = "1.000000"

HSM_NON_INTEGER_SCALE = "61.570278"
HSM_CURVATURE_2D_SCALE_LONG_AXIS = "10.000000"
HSM_CURVATURE_2D_SCALE_SHORT_AXIS = "5.000000"
HSM_BZL_USE_INDEPENDENT_SCALE = "1.000000"
HSM_INT_SCALE_MODE = "1.000000"
HSM_INT_SCALE_MULTIPLE_OFFSET = "-2.000000"
HSM_BZL_INDEPENDENT_SCALE = "61.470329"
HSM_BZL_USE_INDEPENDENT_CURVATURE = "1.000000"

HSM_REFLECT_CORNER_ROTATION_OFFSET_TOP = "-4.000000"
HSM_REFLECT_CORNER_ROTATION_OFFSET_BOTTOM = "-4.000000"

This is a little something I made for your graphics @soqueroeu because I liked them so much! The only thing I wish I could’ve done differently was to scale the image slightly in order to crop the black gaps that were created when I turned on independent curvature and reduced the viewport curvature while leaving the bezel curvature intact. Instead I had to scale the bezel to cover up the gaps.

Feel free to include my special preset tribute with your package if you wish once you sort out the Mega Bezel Community (Now Mega_Bezel_Community_Collections) (Now Mega_Bezel_Packs) and Relative Paths stuff.

Just a little warning, in some games everything looks perfect but in others you can get some seriously large bands of moire especially on large areas with particular colours.

Resetting scanline settings to default helped reduce this somewhat but it altered the brightness and saturation too much once Blargg RGB Filter wasn’t in use.

Here are 1440p and 1080p versions:

2 Likes

Welcome to Palma!!!

3 Likes

:thinking: For some reason, several presets were left out. Sorry for the error people. They’re all in the repo now. :grinning:

4 Likes

The Sony_Playstation(PS2) preset has a problem with the BackgroundImage line. The BackgroundImage is set to PS2_Solid but it isn’t available in the img folder.

2 Likes

:expressionless:This is really weird… I uploaded everything, but I didn’t think this could happen…

Anyway, I uploaded it.

Thank you very much for reporting @hgoda90 !!

2 Likes

Yeah I thought it was weird that the PS2 and PS2_LED was there but not PS2_Solid.

1 Like

I have only a 24" monitor and figured to run a test on a cropped image. I could have done it with Viewport Zoom being increased, but I wanted to be more sure by cropping the image being used.

Edit: Just wanted to add the Viewport Zoom of the preset. Forgot about PSX_Led so the leds look weird in the above picture.

2 Likes

I think it’s possible to choose which layers to scale. :thinking:

@HyperspaceMadness ?

1 Like

Yes for instance: HSM_LED_SCALE_FULL_WITH_ZOOM, but this should be on by default

The whole thing can be scaled by changing [Background Layer] Scale, dealing with the TV Backgrounds.

Mega_Bezel_Community

Pay attention to the path presets!

Hi All!

I just updated the Git repo.

In a move to normalize installations, and keep the shaders folder clean and tidy, the Mega Bezel artistic community has agreed to make it possible to install our various releases in a “Mega_Bezel_Community” folder (inside shader folder).

So, we are all now using relative paths to our assets and absolute paths to HyperSpaceMadness’s base presets. This means that adoption of the standard is not mandatory. But, if you decide to adopt the new standard, maybe you will need to update your paths.

When in Git page, assuming you chose to download the package via the “Download Zip” option, I recommend you rename the extracted folder to “Soqueroeu-TV-Backgrounds_V2.0” and place it in the Mega_Bezel_Community folder. It will look like this: :

Retroarch/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Community/Soqueroeu-TV-Backgrounds_V2.0
    	/img
        /presets

let me know if you have problems…

See you then! :wink:

5 Likes

TurboDuo_Solid img has the power light on by default.

2 Likes

Adjusted!

Thank you for reporting @hgoda90 !

2 Likes

@soqueroeu Just posted the settings for my updated and improved CyberLab__Composite-Pure__Soqueroeu-TV_Special_Edition__STD.slangp

3 Likes

@Cyber I tried your settings and the picture is EXTREMELY dark! Is there something I missed ?

1 Like